A small gift for developers that want to be tortured :)
Started by Ekaseo

8 posts in this topic
Ekaseo
Unregistered

05-12-2015, 09:43 PM -
I was wondering what i could possibly do to help the developers, because right now, it looks to me like you dont know what to do next. So i made log files from my whole Commercial games library and im putting them here for download, hoping that it will help you guys. There is about 150 log files.

Settings

PPU: Recompiler
SPU: Recompiler

Resolution: 1280x720
Write color/depth buffers: off
VSync: on

Audio : null
Camera : null

Log all syscalls : checked
RSX logging : checked

Download link : Here

I used the newest version of the emu : 45e9e9c

!!!!WARNING!!!! : .rar file has 42.54 MB, but after extracting it, IT WILL BE 7,8GB. So who is brave enough, have fun with it Smile
(Dont hate on me plz, it was not my intention that it ended up beeing so big)
Ekaseo
Unregistered

05-12-2015, 11:09 PM -
(05-12-2015, 11:04 PM)Elfogames Wrote: isn't 4630208 the latest version?

yes, but it only fixes the linux build, no funkcional changes
syphurith
Unregistered

05-13-2015, 10:27 AM -
7,8GB, log files.. You Monster.. How long time had you been dedicated on such things?
I think most of the "ERROR" lines should be RSX or Spurs related.
Being not very interested (yep) so i would simply push a reply and let other see it.
Oh, Ekaseo. Please find a recently merged pull on RPCS3 with "wx" included and read its last replies.
Yes that's a README, so just leave it as it is now. -Hope this doesn't annoy you.
Ekaseo
Unregistered

05-13-2015, 11:17 AM -
(05-13-2015, 10:27 AM)syphurith Wrote: 7,8GB, log files.. You Monster.. How long time had you been dedicated on such things?
I think most of the "ERROR" lines should be RSX or Spurs related.
Being not very interested (yep) so i would simply push a reply and let other see it.
Oh, Ekaseo. Please find a recently merged pull on RPCS3 with "wx" included and read its last replies.
Yes that's a README, so just leave it as it is now. -Hope this doesn't annoy you.

7,8GB = around 150 games log files with all the information possible in them.
it took me around 3-4 hours to do this.
well, its not like the emu is finished, so naturaly there is gonna be a lot of rsx and spurs errors.
i didnt know that the emu is in that kinda state, im hoping that these 3 years of developing this wasnt for nothing :/ .
As long as they can make the emulator as best as possible, even if it requires rewriting/ making the emulator from scratch. I just hope that they can finish the new emu they will write.

Thnx for the info btw, i wasnt aware that the emu was in that kinda state.
syphurith
Unregistered

05-14-2015, 02:42 AM -
(05-13-2015, 11:17 AM)Ekaseo Wrote: ~Snip~
I'm so sorry for hurting your enthusiasm, now, really.
I tried to use 'sed' and 'grep' tool to find any errors or warnings in regions other than Spurs or RSX, but without succuess.
The biggest file indeed running quite okey, but there are many RSX errors, such as invalid get report type (3) or invalid vertix.
Thus.. what if someone port all rsx edits to master branch.. manually? (Don't know if it should be done this way.)
tambre
Unregistered

05-14-2015, 01:47 PM -
(05-14-2015, 02:42 AM)syphurith Wrote:
(05-13-2015, 11:17 AM)Ekaseo Wrote: ~Snip~
I'm so sorry for hurting your enthusiasm, now, really.
I tried to use 'sed' and 'grep' tool to find any errors or warnings in regions other than Spurs or RSX, but without succuess.
The biggest file indeed running quite okey, but there are many RSX errors, such as invalid get report type (3) or invalid vertix.
Thus.. what if someone port all rsx edits to master branch.. manually? (Don't know if it should be done this way.)

Definently not manually, just merge and fix conflicts.
flashmozzg
Unregistered

05-14-2015, 03:25 PM -
There probably will be benefit in having something like "ignore repeating errors" or "ignore common errors" in logs.
syphurith
Unregistered

05-14-2015, 05:42 PM -
(05-14-2015, 01:47 PM)tambre Wrote:
(05-14-2015, 02:42 AM)syphurith Wrote:
(05-13-2015, 11:17 AM)Ekaseo Wrote: ~Snip+1~
~Snip+2~
Definently not manually, just merge and fix conflicts.
Oh yep doubled the posts. You are right, it may be merged easily. Still fixing the weird problems related to the merge would cause some troubles, when RSX branch changed some files outside the range of 'rsx'. Also I don't know whether we should do so, cause both branches are in development - Even a playground.

(05-14-2015, 03:25 PM)flashmozzg Wrote: There probably will be benefit in having something like "ignore repeating errors" or "ignore common errors" in logs.
This could be done when writing to the log, however not a good choice, since it would make rpcs3 run slower. well you might not really care about its speed - all slow.. If registried all the log ID, it could be done when only cache several IDs - even it seems a little silly.
Somehow
Unregistered

05-24-2015, 12:44 AM -
Writing text, especially in a file, uses way more processing power than a single if that checks whether the text should be written or not.