How Do I get this working?
Started by KnightBlade

5 posts in this topic
KnightBlade
Unregistered

11-15-2014, 09:32 AM -
So Me and my friend dumped our first ISO and we got this weird error when we launched it from the folder we dumped it from

[Image: FRim6AU.png]

would love some help with this error.

-Knight Blade.=
tambre
Unregistered

11-15-2014, 10:42 AM -
(11-15-2014, 09:32 AM)KnightBlade Wrote: So Me and my friend dumped our first ISO and we got this weird error when we launched it from the folder we dumped it from
would love some help with this error.

-Knight Blade.=

ISOs don't work with RPCS3. The error means that the PS3 executable used to launch the game couldn't be found in that folder. Make sure that your folder is probably extracted in the /dev_hdd0/game/ folder and is called NPUB/NPUA/NPEA/etc followed by the game serial ID. (For example - NPEB00614 for Arkedo Series - 02 Swap!)

Could you also please mention what game you are trying to launch?

Don't forget to read the FAQ!
And remember that commercial games are not supported and only couple of them do run. (GTA V, Uncharted, etc ain't gonna work for a couple years to come)
KnightBlade
Unregistered

11-15-2014, 10:49 AM -
Ah I see, and the game we tried was Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 ISO that we had successfully dumped. And I think we should wait till it can run ISOs I guess Tongue
tambre
Unregistered

11-15-2014, 10:57 AM -
(11-15-2014, 10:49 AM)KnightBlade Wrote: Ah I see, and the game we tried was Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 ISO that we had successfully dumped. And I think we should wait till it can run ISOs I guess Tongue

You should be able to easily extract the game's files from the ISO probably? And if you did and there's no .elf or .self executable for launching the game, it probably wont work anyway, even if the the ISO support is implemented. (It was supposed to be implemented in August, but there were problems with it)

Also, I might be getting here something seriously wrong (since I'm no ISO expert Tongue) - don't quote me on this...
KnightBlade
Unregistered

11-15-2014, 11:21 AM -
No prob, I think I might as well wait till they fully fix some things on it then Smile
ssshadow
Administrator

2,494 posts 63 threads Joined: Aug 2017
11-15-2014, 07:26 PM -
Just extract the .iso with winrar or something, that is all you need to do.