Mantle and DirectX 12
Started by hassanrazza

12 posts in this topic
hlide
Unregistered

04-11-2014, 08:57 AM -
(04-10-2014, 08:28 PM)bellysaga Wrote: I am working on a PS4 emulator/VM, but very little can be added to it at this point (working on a VM-like translator for opcodes from Bochs now):
http://www.github.com/ghaststeam/ps4emx

Mantle will used to compliment DX and/or OpenGL since it's primarily Windows targeted only. The GPU is not going to be a big deal to emulate, fortunately, but the only thing that will be committed is just a semi-altered Bochs x86 with 8-cores and a few tweaks.

hem... if you're planing a BOCHS-like emulator, you won't achieve a decent fullspeed emulator. You'd better take the same road, say, as VirtualBox with hypervisor capabilities but at a higher level than emulating some specific chipsets. Of course, it means you need a processor which has the same instruction set and that you can intercept the calls to external modules pertaining to operating system or user drivers to run native ones.
Hykem
Unregistered

04-11-2014, 06:57 PM -
(04-10-2014, 08:28 PM)bellysaga Wrote: I am working on a PS4 emulator/VM, but very little can be added to it at this point (working on a VM-like translator for opcodes from Bochs now):

Mantle will used to compliment DX and/or OpenGL since it's primarily Windows targeted only. The GPU is not going to be a big deal to emulate, fortunately, but the only thing that will be committed is just a semi-altered Bochs x86 with 8-cores and a few tweaks.

Your posts baffle me a lot. I've noticed that ps4emx project which is empty at the moment (all the files in there serve no actual purpose towards emulation).
I would understand if this was an early research project for the PS4's internals which would admit emulation as a future possibility (pretty much like Xenia), but it appears your all just designing a vaporware emulator.
If you truly know what you're talking about, then you should also know that having access to a devkit or just the plain SDK is far from being useful at this moment, at least for what you want to do.
mr.devolver
Unregistered

04-16-2014, 01:21 PM -
(04-11-2014, 06:57 PM)Hykem Wrote:

Your posts baffle me a lot. I've noticed that ps4emx project which is empty at the moment (all the files in there serve no actual purpose towards emulation).
I would understand if this was an early research project for the PS4's internals which would admit emulation as a future possibility (pretty much like Xenia), but it appears your all just designing a vaporware emulator.
If you truly know what you're talking about, then you should also know that having access to a devkit or just the plain SDK is far from being useful at this moment, at least for what you want to do.

But, but... God in different thread said his fury will grant them a working ps4 emulator by the date not later than 2019. Tongue Angel