Can anyone here help me out?
Started by haagens

5 posts in this topic
haagens
Unregistered

04-07-2014, 06:13 PM -
hey so I am gonna get rpcs3 to run CellOS. I posted on your GitHub as an issue asking, but hykem closed it without help.

I currently do not own PS3 but I know other devs here do so this is where I ask for a favor ... can anyone here dump the image of the PS3's OS and securely pass it on to me via CryptAByte, and provide me the password to download. This is 100% legal because you can encrypt file, post to cryptabyte (nobody can tell what it is) and upload to cryptabyte.

Next, could you give me the decryption key for cryptabyte and file decryption key for the actual image of the OS.

I will need a copy of it to test my experimental process of running it via rpcs3x: https://github.com/haagens/rpcs3x

I only ask because, unfortunately, I can't wast emoney on a ps3 now or anytime in the near future, but can not test without the OS. If anyone is willing to do this (I can 100% guarantee no legal repercussions will arise from this), please PM me, email me, or otherwise notify me somehow, even here on boards.

Reminder: Encrypt the file, upload it to CryptAByte (they do not keep IP addresses, even though they say they do), and tell me the keys in private. I download, and everything is fine.
ssshadow
Administrator

2,494 posts 63 threads Joined: Aug 2017
04-07-2014, 06:27 PM -
What you want is illegal, and even if it wasn't, rpsc3 will absolutely not run the real PS3 OS, now or ever.

Close thread.
haagens
Unregistered

04-07-2014, 06:30 PM -
I already fork and thanks to open-source I can unfortunately go aganst your word.

Never say never!
Bigpet
Unregistered

04-07-2014, 07:59 PM -
@haagens you can try to emulate lv1 by just trying to install yellow dog linux (free and legally available), if you get that running (you're going to have to do a lot of work, implementing interrupts and other low-level things we didn't bother with) you will have most of the work done. Then you "only have to worry about lv0 emulation for the hypervisor".
haagens
Unregistered

04-08-2014, 06:59 PM -
(04-07-2014, 07:59 PM)Bigpet Wrote: @haagens you can try to emulate lv1 by just trying to install yellow dog linux (free and legally available), if you get that running (you're going to have to do a lot of work, implementing interrupts and other low-level things we didn't bother with) you will have most of the work done. Then you "only have to worry about lv0 emulation for the hypervisor".

Yes, can't believe I forgot about Yellow Dog Linux running on Cell! Thanks!
Hykem
Unregistered

04-11-2014, 06:35 PM -
I had a very valid reason to close your issue. You may fork RPCS3 and mess with it as much as you like, but suggesting low level emulation can't be considered a real issue or enhancement.
If you wish to do so for research purposes, that's fine and you may expose your doubts here as well, but please refrain from posting this on the Github's page. It may arise piracy related suspicions upon the project and that's not our intention.