The Guided Fate Paradox [BLUS31312]
Started by zzq920817

226 posts in this topic
ssshadow
Administrator

2,494 posts 63 threads Joined: Aug 2017
07-29-2014, 11:53 AM -
This is a lot more playable now. With the latest bunch of fixes all graphics are visible with only minor glitches, the screen no longer flickers black, and speed is quite good. With my Sandy Bridge quad core with hyperthreading at 2,2 ghz (I downclocked, need to repaste or it shuts down due to heat) i get about 3-5 fps, I think 10 fps would be reachable on a Haswell at 4+ ghz, which finally puts the frame rate in the right order of magnitude.

Most importantly with cellSyncQueue among other things now worked on, it no longer crashes after moving inside the first room.

Text is a bit funny though, it looks like there is a space between every letter, and text can continue outside the visible screen. I suppose you can work around it with a custom font.

However, moving along quite a few scenes it finally segfaults with no preceding logged errors.

Code:
G: E {PPU[1] Thread (CPUThread)[0x00322d3c]} Exception: Access violation: addr = 0xcfffffa0

Logs and stuff are attached.

Cyrax_X(Ru4slan has banned)
Unregistered

07-29-2014, 12:53 PM -
(07-29-2014, 11:53 AM)ssshadow Wrote: This is a lot more playable now. With the latest bunch of fixes all graphics are visible with only minor glitches, the screen no longer flickers black due to z-culling issues, and speed is quite good. With my Sandy Bridge quad core with hyperthreading at 2,2 ghz (I downclocked, need to repaste or it shuts down due to heat) i get about 3-5 fps, I think 10 fps would be reachable on a Haswell at 4+ ghz, which finally puts the frame rate in the right order of magnitude.

Most importantly with cellSyncQueue among other things now worked on, it no longer crashes after moving inside the first room.

Text is a bit funny though, it looks like there is a space between every letter, and text can continue outside the visible screen. I suppose you can work around it with a custom font.

However, moving along quite a few scenes it finally segfaults with no preceding logged errors.

Code:
G: E {PPU[1] Thread (CPUThread)[0x00322d3c]} Exception: Access violation: addr = 0xcfffffa0

Logs and stuff are attached.

Just need PPU Jit and more optimizations.And then everything will be normal fps.
Darkriot

498 posts 29 threads Joined: Aug 2017
07-29-2014, 01:28 PM -
Cyrax_X, I think, PPU Jit needed in the later stages of development, as now we must get more run homebrew in the future will have to be made which PPU Recompiler.

P.S. I hope many people understood what I wrote (meant) Confused
Unregistered

07-29-2014, 04:48 PM -
(07-29-2014, 01:28 PM)Darkriot Wrote: Cyrax_X, I think, PPU Jit needed in the later stages of development, as now we must get more run homebrew in the future will have to be made which PPU Recompiler.

P.S. I hope many people understood what I wrote (meant) Confused

I understand.
ssshadow
Administrator

07-29-2014, 06:00 PM -
Video this time. Well, whenever youtube finishes processing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvD63P_HsTM

Ekaseo
Unregistered

07-29-2014, 06:08 PM -
i tested the game, and it works untill you get to activate some kind of a circuit (after the general store opens) after that, when talking to lilliel (i think thats her name) it goes to the screen with the clock and some light starts shining, after that, i skipped the cutscene and the emu stops, hitting the resume button does not help.
ssshadow
Administrator

07-29-2014, 06:24 PM -
(07-29-2014, 06:08 PM)Ekaseo Wrote: i tested the game, and it works untill you get to activate some kind of a circuit (after the general store opens) after that, when talking to lilliel (i think thats her name) it goes to the screen with the clock and some light starts shining, after that, i skipped the cutscene and the emu stops, hitting the resume button does not help.

There are a few branches you can take, like skipping the tutorial or not, but it always crashes with a access violation error when it should load what is seen after the first seconds in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T51dCJ7l-d4

(That is, the battle and dungeon crawling part of the game)
Unregistered

07-30-2014, 09:42 AM -
(07-29-2014, 06:00 PM)ssshadow Wrote: Video this time. Well, whenever youtube finishes processing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvD63P_HsTM

Maybe, you off sound?This will increase the speed.
Alexander9000
Unregistered

07-30-2014, 10:48 PM -
I think yes, disable audio increase a little speed.
aniruddh
Unregistered

07-31-2014, 12:01 PM -
(07-30-2014, 10:48 PM)Alexander9000 Wrote: I think yes, disable audio increase a little speed.

yep speed increase if you turn off audio by 20-60%