God of War: Collection [BCUS98229]
Started by xorg

127 posts in this topic
Melko

23 posts 0 threads Joined: Oct 2017
09-04-2018, 05:45 PM -
On the real hardware (ps3) the GOW collection 1 runs @720p 60fps with a nice anti aliasing. It looks great with a 1080p screen.
The ps2 games runs at 30 fps for sure and 480i probably.
www.digitalitem.trade

4 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2018
09-07-2018, 03:05 AM -
(09-04-2018, 05:45 PM)Melko Wrote: On the real hardware (ps3) the GOW collection 1 runs @720p 60fps with a nice anti aliasing. It looks great with a 1080p screen.
The ps2 games runs at 30 fps for sure and 480i probably.

But was anything actually improved? Or is it just a basic port/emulation? Obviously in PSX I can run whatever resolution I want; but vectors and ui will still look terrible...
Is UI etc actually a higher res?
momobak12

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Nov 2019
11-24-2019, 05:33 AM -
is this a game you can play with no problems
dontpokethebear3893

10 posts 0 threads Joined: Dec 2017
08-27-2020, 03:16 AM -
I'm getting a problem when attempting to start a "bonus play" game from an imported save I found online. I can play the entire game without issue but I keep running into problems when trying to start a new game with the imported save data allowing me to unlock extra stuff in the game. Here is the error:
E {PPU[0x100000c] Thread (BPETrophyInitThread) [0x009d0120]} sceNpTrophy: sceNpTrophyUnlockTrophy(context=0x1, handle=0x1, trophyId=31, platinumId=*0xd008df10)
E {PPU[0x1000008] Thread (fios mediathread) [0x00e02090]} SYS: 'sys_fs_open' failed with 0x80010006 : CELL_ENOENT, “/dev_bdvd/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/GOW2/exec/wad/r_m_earth101.wad_ps3” [1]

It seems to have something to do with Trophies. I cleared out all of the trophies on my account but still, I get this error. Any ideas?
Desran1010

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Oct 2020
10-03-2020, 03:01 AM -
Hi, I was testing the emulator lately, I'm a big fan of the god of war saga especially the first two games, I own those games for ps2 and ps3 versions. Long ago, when it comes to the ps3 version I was so excited to see this games remastered, but for my misfortune I discovered that the “remastered” version includes the 16:9 aspect ratio from the original, which means that simply is a zoom-in to the camera in the 4:3 aspect ratio (the same trick of the ps2 vesrsion), basically zooming the 4:3 original aspect ratio and cropping the superior and inferior part of the screen to make it fill the 16:9 screen (fake widescreen), that's not a big problem for most, but since I play those games very often, I've founded that when I do on ps3, these cropped parts of the screen are necesarry for the playability, probably because the combat system designed the camera to render the enemies visible in 4:3 aspect ratio, leaving this version with less space to react or execute combos, see clues to the secrets, falling constantly from the balancing off beams sections, etc. That is the main reason I don't like the ps3 versions as the original ones, I've prefer the them over, even with the 4:3 ratio not filling the screen, now, another thing that I've noticed is that when it comes to represent the scenarios artistically speaking, the 4:3 ratio do this better, the murals, statues, views, monsters, etc, again I think that they were designed to be showed and impress on 4:3 ratio, now this is a minor issue as a gamer, but it would've nice to see all of this scenarios played like they were meant to be played especially for new gamers, sadly the remastered versions were designed as a money grab I think.

To solve this I personally prefer to play them in ps2 emulator, which is amazing how well it copes with those issues, but unfortunately it is not as accurate in visuals as it is rpcs3, being natively rendered in hd, and, since I have an amd card, I can't execute the ideal config in opengl for the ps2 emu (long story, bad optimization of drivers, cero effort on implementinmg it), but in rpcs3 they run smooth as silk because of the vulkan api, so I was wondering, ¿Is there any way to make a proper HD patch?, I've looked around about info on how to, but, the truth is that I'm a newcomer in programming, there is no similar patch, except for one that I found for killzone, I mean changing the fov, or camera position, i've try editing the memory via cheat engine, but I'm stuck and have no idea where to begin with, so for anyone who knows even where to start, could give me a clue please?, the idea will be to change the fov for an easier solution, for I believe, correct me if I'm wrong will be harder to make the game render more screen space tinkering with the rsx or cell (I don't know), so for anyone who wants to lend me a hand it will be very appreciated, thanks.

Note: sorry for my English, not native lang.

(Edit 1):
(I’ve managed to get the original 4:3 aspect ratio via cheat engine) for those interested the steps are:

1.-First of all set “cheat engine” to be able to search in big endian, specifically “Float Big endian” which is the one that I used, (there are some tutorials around).

2.-With cheat engine ready execute the game god of war 1 or 2 in rpcs3 and wait for it to be in-game (menu), pause.

3.-In cheat engine set “Value type” to “Float Big Endian”.

And set “scan type” to “exact between”

4.-In the “value” boxes that appear introduce: 1.77777 (this indicates the program that we are going to search for the nearest values to 16:9 aspect ratio), click on first scan.

5.-On the list to the left search for the addresses that looks like:

“333076D28” for God of War1

“3330686C8” for God of War2
(those are not static memory values so they should change)

Then add the address to the address list (inferior part) to change it.

(Note: If those are not the correct addresses or you can’t find the exact one, then in the list add the addresses that show a value of “1.777777791” and change the value one by one as described below)

6.-Edit the value part below in the address list to “1.333333333” (the 4:3 ratio), set as active, now the fov should have changed to 4:3 aspect ratio.

7.-Finally, to set display properly go to properties on config of your display (amd, intel, nvidia control panels) and set a 4:3 aspect ratio resolution, or alternately set it on the imbedded menu in your display. (Ready you can now play GOW1 and 2 in the aspect that was intended and with better definition).

I've managed to replace the wrong 16:9 FMV's with the ones from the PS2 versions (4:3) aspect ratio, through using various dev tools, principally for packing and unpacking game assets for PS2 and PS3 versions, I've found that the remaster does not upscale the original res for FMV's in god of war 1, but it does for some FMV's in god of war 2 but I replaced the anyway, if there is anyone interested to know the whole process contact me, the final results for the game on HD resolution rendering and aspect ratio in 4:3 including FMV’s can be found here:[/font][/size]

https://youtu.be/2-PL8Vnhewo

TO DO...: I think this correct at least a little bit the crappy port to ps3, rendering it original. Now the last part will be a delight if someone manages to create a patch that renders more of the screen in this aspect ratio (even if that show not intended parts of the scenarios). The way I was thinking to achieve this will be for example getting the emu to render the game in “x” or in ”y“ in the correct ratio, subsequently correct with the fov (this will autocorrect everything), again if someone manages or know how to, or any other method, I will be very thankful to know.
This post was last modified: 11-10-2020, 10:26 PM by Desran1010. Edit Reason: Advances
BloodyBonzai

15 posts 9 threads Joined: Oct 2017
10-20-2020, 09:01 PM -
I have the latest version of RPCS3 and I need to know what libraries I should have enabled for this game.
Ani
Administrator

4,264 posts 105 threads Joined: Aug 2017
10-21-2020, 12:19 AM -
None, RPCS3 automatically loads them
    Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X,   Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G DDR4 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
     Laptop: Ryzen 9 5900HX,  Radeon RX 6700M,   2x8G DDR4 3200MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: AMD FX-8350,     Radeon R9 280X,    2x4G DDR3 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux
jsc__123

11 posts 0 threads Joined: Oct 2020
11-20-2020, 06:01 AM -
I can't seem to get this game working, the wiki specifies to set fps @ 60 but otherwise use defaults, however I can never get past a white screen and FPS locked @ 0 when trying to launch GoW 2. GoW does start but generally freezes after about 10 sec of actual gameplay.

Has anyone else needed to tweak settings to get this disc running?

EDIT: No, this is not a pirated copy. I dumped this myself using the ps3-disc-dumper utility and a compatible BD drive. I've used this for dozens of dumps without issue but this disc has been a real PITA to get running.
This post was last modified: 11-20-2020, 06:21 AM by jsc__123.