Updater doesn't work on RPCS3 versions 15970, 15979, 15987
Started by PioneerRaptor

3 posts in this topic
PioneerRaptor

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Jan 2024
01-23-2024, 08:44 PM -
Hello, I am currently using 0.0.30-15987 and I cannot update because when 15989 came out, it gives me an error message upon completion and attempting to reboot itself. I then noticed that it is installing OUTSIDE of the original install location and instead installing within the same folder in which the install folder is located. Screenshots are attached.

In Directory Before you can see that I have a few emulators are installed within folders named after the console being emulated. Obviously, the RPCS3 is installed within the "Sony - PlayStation 3" folder. That is the parent level folder, ie the rpcs3.exe is directly within that folder.

After the update, you can see in Directory After, that the update did not re-install within this folder, but instead installed within the same directory parent folder for RPCS3. It also did some weird stuff appending parent folder name to the folders and files. My guess is you have a variable to grab the parent folder name and a missing a back slash or something to make sure you went inside of that folder.

I also attached the error message, but it's pretty obvious it's from the weird directory stuff since it cannot find the file since it's named incorrectly.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Update 0.0.30-15989: Broken Directory - by PioneerRaptor - 01-23-2024, 08:44 PM