Game data errors for two different games, different styles of similar crash
Started by BlueDemonofFire

2 posts in this topic
BlueDemonofFire

4 posts 2 threads Joined: Jan 2024
01-19-2024, 08:05 PM -
I just tried to play Wolverine Origins, a game I've been able to do even on a weaker machine from beginning to end for years. Suddenly I can't even get to the opening cutscene, it just says there's an error and please remove game data for this title. I try again after deleting all caches and memory and it freezes before the cutscene. Shut down, try again, crashes at cutscene with the error message to remove game data reappearing.

I'm not sure if it's related to a previous post I did mentioning an odd crash in War for Cybertron. With that game I was able to play around 35 minutes before it hit a point it couldn't get past, and then it doesn't matter if I load to that point or start the game over. I will get completely stonewalled by  "warning, game data corrupted, application will close".

The problems feel similar enough, and I can't figure out how to fix them. Should I change a setting somewhere? Did an update for RPCS3 not take and I need to reinstall it? Is the format of files downloaded from Vimm's Lair just not acceptable anymore for some reason? I'm kind of getting paranoid at this point.

I have an AMD Ryzen 7 5800x 8-core processor, 32 G of memory, Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070. I do not think that it's a problem with my machine, and I'm worried if I try other games that I'll run into issues playing them as well. Any help would be very much appreciated.

.gz   RPCS3.log.gz (Size: 244.3 KB / Downloads: 3)

https://mega.nz/file/M7x3UZ5S#xmOoV3-JII...HkDHy0JIC0

Messages In This Thread
Game data errors for two different games, different styles of similar crash - by BlueDemonofFire - 01-19-2024, 08:05 PM