RPCS3 Crashing My System (Solution Found)
Started by Shadyhere

2 posts in this topic
Shadyhere

3 posts 2 threads Joined: Feb 2023
12-24-2023, 11:50 AM -
***I have updated my BIOS and now everything started working again. If anyone has a similar issue then you may have to the same.***

I love the work that's been put into this emulator but, unfortunately, I'm having a serious issue. Over the past few months, I've encountered issues with various titles that used to work for me. Games such as
  • MGS4
  • God of War Collection
  • God of War 3
  • God of War Ascension 
  • Smackdown vs Raw 2008 and 2009

The titles don't matter because it's a deeper issue. I got all these games running very well a few months ago. These past few months have been a different story. RPCS3 will either crash trying to load up modules or my computer will freeze and I'm forced to power off my computer. I sometimes will get that Windows blue screen error but, it doesn't even allow restart because it's frozen. 

My specs 

i3900k
RTX 4080
64gb Ram

Windows 11 

I have never overclocked my device. I haven't modified anything in my BIOS. There are no changes I've made. I keep the system and GPU updated. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I've tried asking on Discord a few times but, nobody is really clear on what the issue might be. I was recently told that some people NVIDIA users were running into issues crashing their system but, that's about it. 

I just want to know if there is anything I can do. I have tried a new version of RPCS3 and basically, it did not help. It ran worse as I tried loading up games that usually work and it crashed my system. I feel like giving up but, I'd appreciate any help that I could get.
This post was last modified: 12-24-2023, 01:12 PM by Shadyhere.

Messages In This Thread
RPCS3 Crashing My System (Solution Found) - by Shadyhere - 12-24-2023, 11:50 AM