New problem with running first time (WIN 11 Pro)
Started by maddguuns

3 posts in this topic
maddguuns

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Oct 2023
Photo  10-22-2023, 01:40 AM -
Hello everyone, just letting you all know I have never posted to the forums before as I am a very, very light RPCS3 user and every issue I have ever come across I have found an answer to very quickly. However, I seem to have stumbled upon something the internet has no answer for (at least the first 8 pages of Google with multiple search phrases). 

Anyway, I have no logs to post, because it never starts, and I have tried multiple builds (random picks about 10 days apart going back to July). 

Here is the problem:

After extracting the files and attempting to open the EXE, I get this popup:

"Search fo app in the Store?
You need to install an app for this task.
Would you like to search for one in the Store?"

I am attaching a screenshot also. 

I have a MINISFORUM UM790 Pro. It is one of the new ones with the AMD Ryzen 9 7940HS with integrated 780M graphics. 32gb & 1TB. Has Windows 11 Pro. 

Just fired up, setup, after installing Chrome, the very next thing was to try RPCS3 and then got this message. Therefore, I have no logs to review, it's not running int he background, and it doesn't show in app history. 

If I click "yes" to go to the store, it says there is no app. If I click "no" the popup disappears and I am sitting at my desktop again. I am truly puzzled - maybe it's the AZ heat melting my brain and I feel like this should be easy, but when the entirety of the interwebs can't help, I sit here holding my bag, just befuddled. 

Anyone have any thoughts?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
New problem with running first time (WIN 11 Pro) - by maddguuns - 10-22-2023, 01:40 AM