usability - freezes - patreonize
Started by wHoCaReS

2 posts in this topic
wHoCaReS

8 posts 3 threads Joined: Sep 2023
09-10-2023, 05:28 PM -
first of all, thank your for your commitment and your efforts building this great emulator!

although, since i've been playing a lot of emu's from the first megadrive/snes/neogeo and model2/model3/cps3 to the wii/ps2 with all their flaws and workarounds, i never experienced so many freezes and crashes like with your ps3 - emulator.

i've been checking top spin 3 & 4, NHL2K10 and NHL2012 on a i7-6700HQ with nvidia gt980m 16 GB with vulkan and opengl - backend.

i haven't played any of these games longer than 15 minutes without a freeze of the whole emulator and afterwards having to kill the process by task manager. i've tested your actual release on win 10 and ubuntu 20 with up-to-date drivers. on linux i couldn't even manage to start or play these games with the opengl backend. i've tried all of the workarounds available on the web, and of course the wake-up-delay-settings with almost no recognizable effect. mostly all of the constant freezes are logged with "rsx thread too sleepy".

so, considering to patreonize your project i am just asking. regarding these major problems can this emulator truly be regarded as "stable" and playable? seems not stable to me at this point. and at last - is there a roadmap tackling the freezing issues to a playable / stable - version of your emulator?

Messages In This Thread
usability - freezes - patreonize - by wHoCaReS - 09-10-2023, 05:28 PM
RE: usability - freezes - patreonize - by Ani - 09-10-2023, 10:13 PM