RPCS3 - Steam Deck/EmuDeck/Emulation Station DE...Works only when launched directly??
Started by Miggwilson

1 posts in this topic
Miggwilson

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Jun 2023
06-26-2023, 09:55 PM -
RPCS3 & Emulation Station. This is a strange one.  For me, using the Steam Deck, EmuDeck, and Emulation Station through EmuDeck...it was working well for months.

Now all of a sudden, I can only launch the game using RPCS3 directly.  If I launch in Emulation Station...It's just crashes.

When I first did it...following the directions...I created the shortcut, changed the path, and placed it in the PS3 Rom Folder...it worked great.

I reinstalled it when the crashing started and again, it works directly in RPCS3 but if I create a shortcut on the desktop and test it...it doesn't work.

After researching it, it mentioned directing the shortcut to a location .net.rpcs3.RPCS3.  Funny, that location isn't even there but must have been when it worked before.

Ultimately, RPCS3 is installed and works great. Not so much when I try putting it in EmuDeck/ES-DE.

If you direct the shortcut as noted…it doesn’t work and there is no file in that location with a .net.rpcs3.RPCS3 at all.

Tried reinstalling RPCS3. Tried reinstalling Emulation Station. No change.

Am I missing something? A game will work direct but not through a short cut on the desktop and not in ES-DE either. Any help is appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
RPCS3 - Steam Deck/EmuDeck/Emulation Station DE...Works only when launched directly?? - by Miggwilson - 06-26-2023, 09:55 PM