Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 The Masters Historic Edition [BLUS31075]
Started by onkeh

9 posts in this topic
Royameadow

20 posts 6 threads Joined: Jun 2022
08-21-2023, 05:13 AM -
Stability Regression: Sometime beginning on August 04 or 05, RPCS3 started to get a noticeable amount of updates to its PPU Decoder, ultimately leading to something breaking in PGA Tour '14 across all builds, regions, and editions: Right now, many (if not all main Eighteen) of the DLC Courses will crash the game due to a PPU~based Unmapped Memory error, it is able to be replicated on plentiful courses in Single Player and Multiplayer alike and it doesn't matter if one is on Interpreter (Static) or LLVM; interestingly, the Disc Courses are seemingly not affected (at least nothing I was able to find; this includes material exclusive to MHE), this leads me to believe that something may have very well gotten broken in how the DLC Courses are read and thus it is presently recommended for players to stick on builds prior to August 03 until this gets remedied.
Below's test logue and Unmapped Memory Supercut make use of Build 15499 of the Master Build, same config as usual; I reported this happening as early as Build 15443 but it may date back to any build between 15427 and 15442, wishfully this'll help better determine what got broken and stayed the such since.

~ Tiger Woods PGA Tour '14 (MHE): RPCS3 Data Logues for Build 15499 (Mediafire)
~ Tiger Woods PGA Tour '14 (MHE): Unmapped Memory Supercut

To replicate this error, all you have to do is get every player in your party make it to the Green on any hole of the DLC Courses, it is completely able to execute regardless of if it is a Fourteen Courses or TPC Four Pack venue but the latter pack is more likely to trigger it; if you are in a Twosome to Foursome (any game type) and any player is to go Out of Bounds or Scratch before everybody makes it to the green, there is a slim chance that you will be able to avert the crash for that hole only, the registers reset on every hole and the risk of crashing will persist for the duration of your session until it inevitably happens somehow (this is noticed on Hole 01 of the TPC San Antonio portion of the sampler, where the only EA Audio DAC error of the test will show; I had myself intentionally Scratch while letting the other three get to the green, the hole didn't crash until I made it to the Results Screen due to running the PPU on LLVM to speed up the test).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 The Masters Historic Edition [BLUS31075] - by Royameadow - 08-21-2023, 05:13 AM