Embed updates into disc
Started by silverchair

3 posts in this topic
silverchair

17 posts 4 threads Joined: Aug 2019
12-13-2021, 07:29 PM -
Hi,

I am in the process of converting all my PS3 JB format games into ISOs, which would be mounted on the fly via my frontend and I have several doubts/questions before I proceed:

1) Can I embed the updates of disc games into the disc game before I create the ISO. This way the mounted ISO game would be the latest version  (game + update)
2) If #1 is NO, then would rpcs3 recognize that there is update installed for a mounted ISO game located outside of the virtual file system of rpcs3?

How can I best approach this?

Also is there a feature request (I couldn't find one) to add the game version to the rpcs3 window similar to other emulators? If not, I would gladly create one.

P.S. If ISO support for games is just around the horizon please let me know, so I know to adjust my plans accordingly.

Regards

UPDATE #1: Just tried copying updates to original game and rpcs3 no longer recognizes the game (hash does not match?!). However starting the game from the Eboot.bin works. It is a pity the version is not listed anywhere, so I can confirm the update works. Still curious about question #2 though, because original disc preservation is important as well.
This post was last modified: 12-13-2021, 08:07 PM by silverchair. Edit Reason: added more info

Messages In This Thread
Embed updates into disc - by silverchair - 12-13-2021, 07:29 PM
RE: Embed updates into disc - by Ani - 12-13-2021, 10:48 PM
RE: Embed updates into disc - by silverchair - 12-14-2021, 05:19 PM
RE: Embed updates into disc - by Ani - 12-14-2021, 05:41 PM