specs:

Rpcs3 Version:v0.0.17-12476
CPU: Ryzen 9 4900h with radeon graphic
GPU:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti with 6GB of Dedicated ram
Ram:16 GB
GPU Driver:471.11-notebook-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql
OS is on a dedicated 256 WD SSD and the Rpcs3 Folder is in a Hard-disk

at fist as you may have guessed i encountered an Optimus Hurdle with Rpcs3
i had to temporary disable radeon graphics from Device Manager and enable it again just to have rpcs3 detect my 1660ti
that problem is now solved but now i have encountered something that i cant figure out really...

i have this issue that i cant run demon's souls disk edition.
i installed its pkg and rap file using Rpcs3's built in pkg installer so now its in Rpcs3 folder structure.

first of all i have to say i only have demon's soul on rpcs3 and haven't test any other game but something tells me that even if i had test any other game, the result would be the same.
i haven't changed rpcs3's default settings much save for settings that are stated in the wiki for compatibility with demon's Souls
when i boot the damn thing it starts to compile ppu cache then ppu linking starts but somewhere between ppu linking and spu compiling, the whole thing stops working.
i have checked it many time,ppu compiling is ok but i think the problem reside with spu compiling.i even check with monitoring tools and its clear that at this stage rpcs3 doesn't do a thing anymore.
if i open rpcs3 again and run the game again the ppu and linking is ok but it hang at the last resource to recompile for spu llvm

notice that i have tested many things and deleted Rpcs3 logs many time just to give you guys a clean file of what actually is happening in the last run

im really sorry for the long description of my problem but i thought that was needed to clarify the situation a little bit
Thanks in advance everyone!

.gz   RPCS3.log.gz (Size: 141.24 KB / Downloads: 2)
This post was last modified: 07-17-2021, 05:49 PM by Ani.

Messages In This Thread
RPCS3 crash at compiling cache on Demon's Souls - by [email protected] - 07-16-2021, 07:36 PM