Amplitude [NPUB31810] - Freezing even in windowed mode.
Started by PrinceSidon

1 posts in this topic
PrinceSidon

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Sep 2020
10-06-2020, 02:27 PM -
So, I wanted to write an update since I resolved the issue on my own. I had to reinstall my operational system for work reasons and even after that I still got the same problem, so it wasn't some windows error or anything.

I'm not very knowledgeable with programing and debugging, so I fixed it with trial and error. What I mean is, I tried changing configurations one by one and testing, some broke the game (crashing as soon as it started) and others improved the time between freezes. Finally, I got one configuration that got me no freezes during the campaign (13 songs one), the emulator ended up freezing when it got back to the menu but managed to play the whole game without it and therefore made it playable (at least for me). Also, I played for quite a while after that with no other freezes.

What I changed (not listing settings I left at default):

CPU tab
-Preferred SPU Threads: From auto to 6
-SPU Cache: from enabled to disabled
-Enable thread scheduler: from enabled to disabled

GPU tab
-Renderer: from OpenGl to Vulkan (as recommended by the wiki)

After those changes I was able to finish one song. Seeing that as a success I changed the resolution from 720p to 1080p and framerate from 30fps to 60fps. Then, I proceeded to play the whole campaign.

I must remember that those are the configurations that worked best for my system, but probably isn't the most compatible configuration out there, so it might not work for you.

My rig:
i7-7700k - turbo boost enabled
2x8 DDR4 2400mhz
RTX 2070 Super

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amplitude [NPUB31810] - Freezing even in windowed mode. - by PrinceSidon - 10-06-2020, 02:27 PM