RTX 2060, Vulkan not available in RPCS3
Started by qqq

2 posts in this topic
qqq

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Jul 2020
07-13-2020, 02:06 PM -
(07-11-2020, 06:07 PM)faintgaze Wrote: The same problem happened to me.

I got it working, here's the how-to:
1. Close RPCS3,
2. Disable the AMD GPU (Vega graphics) from the Device Manager -> Display adapters,
3. Enable it again,
4. Open RPCS3 (Vulkan should available now).

If I reboot the laptop, the problem goes back and I will have to do the workaround again.
Well, at least it's working for now.

I'd be grateful if anyone try this and confirm it's working on your laptop too.
Woah, I haven't heard of this method until now, very unusual but I've had similar ones before to make my games/device work properly. But I would've never thought that disabling and then enabling the GPU would make Vulkan appear.

I tried your method, by disabling the AMD GPU and enabling it again and Vulkan is available so far in my config options.

I spent some time to config everything again and try Tekken Tag Tournament 2. It ran normally so far, however I faced fps and texture issues. I'm guessing it's because I had forgotten to check "Write Color Buffers" on and I ran this game on that laptop for the first time so I guess it requires to be ran a few times before everything looks normal as it should be xD

While we're discussing about RTX 2060 here, for laptops, I'd like to know more about other's performance experience while playing, fps etc., it doesn't have to be TTT2, just like in my case.

As for now it made Vulkan work, I'm grateful for your reply Smile  I'd also be glad to know if it helped for other users.

EDIT: I've managed to change a few NVIDIA GPU settings to gain performance, with a little help of a tutorial I found. I can finally enjoy TTT2 with 60 fps Big Grin  If there's somebody interested I can attatch my settings for both NVIDIA GPU and RPCS.
This post was last modified: 07-13-2020, 03:14 PM by qqq. Edit Reason: Small update about game performance after testing

Messages In This Thread
RTX 2060, Vulkan not available in RPCS3 - by qqq - 07-09-2020, 11:36 AM
RE: RTX 2060, Vulkan not available in RPCS3 - by qqq - 07-13-2020, 02:06 PM