Potentially Serious bug with RPCS3
Started by goody_fyre11

3 posts in this topic
goody_fyre11

29 posts 18 threads Joined: Sep 2017
12-09-2018, 07:45 AM -
I've encountered a very strange and worrying bug with RPCS3 itself that might actually do harm to someone's computer.

I was in the middle of compiling an SPU cache for a game, when it crashed due to a game-specific compatibility error.  All of a sudden, my screen went black for a good 30 seconds, displayed some random corrupted-looking colors, then both my onboard Intel Graphics and my NVIDIA GTX 1080 got disabled and were giving Error 43.

I've never seen RPCS3 do this before, and I found out that disabling and re-enabling the GPU's in Device Manager fixes the problem.

I don't think any logs were saved from this, and I don't feel safe trying to re-create the issue.  But given that I hadn't seen this happen before, I don't know if it has the potential to actually ruin computers.  I was worried it fried my NVIDIA card or something, because a quick Google search said that Error 43 can be caused by broken or damaged hardware.

Just wanted to report this.  I wish there was a way to provide more information.
This post was last modified: 12-09-2018, 07:47 AM by goody_fyre11.

Messages In This Thread
Potentially Serious bug with RPCS3 - by goody_fyre11 - 12-09-2018, 07:45 AM
RE: Potentially Serious bug with RPCS3 - by Ani - 12-09-2018, 04:19 PM