Ridge Racer 7 3D (NPUB30457) cannot get ingame !
Started by customizer

9 posts in this topic
customizer

17 posts 5 threads Joined: Jun 2018
11-13-2018, 05:57 PM -
(11-12-2018, 10:10 PM)Ani Wrote: Legacy OpenGL Buffers are for RenderDocs only, disable it. LLE libvdec may not be needed.
Why are you using CPU generic, does it crash if you don't?

Your GPU drivers are too old, update them. Some older drivers have issues that affect RPCS3.

Also, try with this build: https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/cv...0_win64.7z

Many thanks for your prompt reply. I did all that you suggested, updated my graphic drivers to the latest available, also used the build you recommended.

About why I am using CPU generic, it is because I took the idea from something I read in a forum. If I leave this line in config.YML without "generic", ( this is unmodified ), the emulator calls the cpu "penryn", but it works the same as when I use "generic". There is no difference in how the emulator behaves if I use generic or leave the CPU unnamed in config.YML.

I tried different configurations, but in all cases the game shows a white screen and then an error message appears saying that I must close the program ( so it crashes the emulator, the same that happened in latests november 2018 builds ).

The game used to run better in older builds, mostly in rpcs3 - v0.04 from 2017, as far as I could test. At least the screen was black or showed partially the intro, had background sound, and it didn´t crash the emulator in those older rpcs3 versions.

It draws my attention that when the emulator stops working, it shows the following error log:

F {PPU[0x1000006] Thread (TTFontRender Thread) [0x00284e20]} MEM: Access violation reading location 0x20

This error appears in lilac color in the log screen at the end. What does this error mean ? Can you suggest any clue about how to fix it ?
This post was last modified: 11-13-2018, 06:13 PM by customizer.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ridge Racer 7 3D (NPUB30457) cannot get ingame ! - by customizer - 11-13-2018, 05:57 PM