CPU scalability question
Started by maltie

3 posts in this topic
nashismo

11 posts 2 threads Joined: Nov 2017
12-01-2017, 08:20 PM -
(12-01-2017, 03:00 AM)Zenekpr0 Wrote: @"nashismo"  What the heck, you're contradicting yourself here. On the one hand you say how switching from 4 core to 4core+HT cpu made the difference, yet at the same time you claim there is no point in buying Coffe lake CPUs that have more cores.

Coffe Lake is the first Intel CPU generation since about 2012 that actually is considerably faster than a previous generation so your claim about there no being a difference is completely false.

@maltie

I read somewhere they tried to run Journey using interpreter and it was fully utilizing all 16 cores of some Ryzen 7 CPU (resulting in about 1 fps) so I guess anything up to 16 does make sense. On the other hand When I was trying to run Ni no Kuni it was only able to utilize 50% of my Ryzen 5 1600 so again, it all depends on the game. Considering that even a PS2 emulator can use up to 3 cores even though PS2 had a single core CPU and that PS3 had 8 core CPU I think we can expect a very good multi core support from RPCS3. I wouldn't buy anything slower (multi core score) than i5-8400.

I don;t see any reason why PCS3 would struggle to use hyperthreading.

No, the Coffee Lakes are same architecture, they are only clocked higher and they have more cores, THAT is why they are faster. It is obvious why.

I said it made no sense, in reference to how much money you would be spending and that having something faster than Kabylake won't make MUCH of a difference on an emulator that is still been worked on.

An emulator that is complete, or refined enough, like Dolphin per instance, runs great on even low end hardware.

I did not contradict myself on what I was trying to say.
This post was last modified: 12-01-2017, 08:22 PM by nashismo.

Messages In This Thread
CPU scalability question - by maltie - 11-21-2017, 06:13 AM
RE: CPU scalability question - by nashismo - 11-29-2017, 01:44 PM
RE: CPU scalability question - by Zenekpr0 - 12-01-2017, 03:00 AM
RE: CPU scalability question - by nashismo - 12-01-2017, 08:20 PM