Suggested changes to the Quickstart Guide
Started by ThreeSon

6 posts in this topic
ThreeSon
Unregistered

07-31-2017, 08:12 PM -
(07-31-2017, 02:20 PM)MitchMitchMitch Wrote: Just checked, it looks good, just one minor change
Quote:You will need two different tools for dumping PlayStation 3 game discs from a computer using a Blu-ray drive:
this should say
Quote:You will need three different tools for dumping PlayStation 3 game discs from a computer using a Blu-ray drive:

I forgot about this part. I was also going to suggest changing it so that Alcohol 120% is not the suggested program for dumping PS3 discs.

It's a judgement call, but I think ImgBurn would be a better option to recommend to people, for a few reasons:

1) It's freeware. Alcohol 120% is trialware, and will only work for a limited time before you need to pay for it.
2) No bundled adware. Alcohol installs a nasty toolbar in your browser as part of the installation process.
3) It's much simpler to use. With ImgBurn it's only a matter of install, click a button, and you're done. But Alcohol requires a restart, after which it installs an extra virtual drive or two on your PC (which is unnecessary for the purposes of RPCS3), and the software itself is significantly more complicated to use.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Suggested changes to the Quickstart Guide - by ThreeSon - 07-31-2017, 10:02 AM
RE: Suggested changes to the Quickstart Guide - by MitchMitchMitch - 07-31-2017, 02:14 PM
RE: Suggested changes to the Quickstart Guide - by MitchMitchMitch - 07-31-2017, 02:20 PM
RE: Suggested changes to the Quickstart Guide - by ThreeSon - 07-31-2017, 08:12 PM
RE: Suggested changes to the Quickstart Guide - by MitchMitchMitch - 08-01-2017, 04:05 PM