non-existent .gfx files (Condemned 2)
Started by xbox360rulz

4 posts in this topic
xbox360rulz
Unregistered

07-05-2017, 07:48 PM -
I read June's progress report on the main page and got excited that my two favourite games of the 7th generation of consoles have gotten some love and one can finally go ingame.
However I'm getting a strange error that might be related to how RPCS3 is set up? Am I missing something obvious?

When trying to boot up my copies of Condemned 2 (managed to dump both EU and US copies of the game), the emulator keeps reporting errors of missing .gfx files within the /PS3_GAME/USRDIR/game/interface/menu/ directory. No such files exist for any of the dumps, for Condemned 2 or any of the other PS3 games I have. Not too sure what's prompting the emulator to try and load these, and how you guys got around it? Have I messed up when dumping the disc data? Other titles seem to load without issues.

While we're on the subject Red Dead Redemption doesn't go past the cyan loading screen either, but I'm guessing that's due to Nekotekina's LLVM decompiler not being public? My GPU isn't the best but it should still muster a couple of in-game frames per second. Using the LLVM PPU recompiler bundled with the emulator doesn't make any difference compared to the interpreters, just takes much longer to load due to sandybridge files being created.

Thank you in advance.

Messages In This Thread
RE: non-existent .gfx files (Condemned 2) - by xbox360rulz - 07-05-2017, 07:48 PM
RE: non-existent .gfx files (Condemned 2) - by xbox360rulz - 07-06-2017, 08:24 PM
RE: non-existent .gfx files (Condemned 2) - by xbox360rulz - 07-07-2017, 05:17 PM