Started by Keksus

13 posts in this topic
HerrHulaHoop
RPCS3 Tester

40 posts 8 threads Joined: Aug 2017
11-27-2018, 06:34 PM -
RPCS3 v0.0.5-7506-f505ac7b Alpha | HEAD
Intel® Core™ i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz | 8 Threads | 15.94 GiB RAM | AVX+

Playable. Played the game for about 3 hours now and it ran at a locked 60FPS majority of the time. There were dips in few stressful areas, but nothing too bad. However I did encounter the following issues:
  1. There is a mild audio crackling present during video cutscenes. Nothing major and it is most audible in the intro video. However, the noise is minor and there are very few cutscenes present in this game. I saw a YouTube gameplay video from a year ago and it had the same issue. So this isn't a problem on my end.
  2. The first time I booted the game, I would see occasional graphical issues during scene transitions. The glitch only lasted for a split second though so I wasn't able to take a proper screenshot of it. I did manage to grab a screenshot when it manifested while interacting with a shopkeeper. Interestingly, this issue disappeared when I restarted the game and I haven't encountered it since even with multiple reboots. But I'm leaving it here just in case. This issue was extremely minor and went away in less than a second so I don't think it prevents the game from being playable. See Image 5 and 6 for comparison.
  3. Sometimes characters get a green outline during cutscenes. It's pretty random and might disappear from one shot to the next. See Image 7 for an example.
The above issues are really minor and I would safely call this game as playable. Will update here if I run into any further issues

Edit: The game sometimes freezes when saving. It happens when overwriting and also when creating a new save. However, the game still saves correctly and rebooting the game takes you right back where you left off. From my testing, I have observed that disabling Native UI and using the default Qt dialogs fixes this issue. Since this bug is easy to work around, I still think this game is playable!
This post was last modified: 02-02-2019, 11:32 AM by HerrHulaHoop.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.gz   Atelier_escha.log.gz (Size: 2.43 MB / Downloads: 1)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky [NPUB31428] - by HerrHulaHoop - 11-27-2018, 06:34 PM