The Godfather: The Don's Edition [BLUS30023]
Started by GrantKane

39 posts in this topic
CookiePLMonster
RPCS3 Developer

11 posts 8 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-25-2019, 08:17 PM -
With a build RPCS3 v0.0.7-9250-e54438d3 Alpha [2019-12-24] game appears to be perfectly playable:

- I have not seen it drop below 27FPS even during heavier scenes.
- Audio is mostly flawless, tends to drop when there seems to be a lot going on screen, especially during drive-bys and car chases. It does not get bad enough to get annoying, however.
- Reflections flicker, but it is not really distracting. I have not observed any missing or corrupted visuals otherwise.
- I have not observed a single freeze (other than shader compilations) nor a crash during the entirety of my playthrough.

Important note - game requires Sixaxis - game can mostly be played without it, but so far I encountered one blocker where I could not figure out how to progress without actually performing the motion control. Those scenes are:
- First tutorial mission - forced motion movement can be skipped by pressing L3+R3 instead.
- Second tutorial mission - forced motion movement can be skipped by dragging the person to the grave, thus skipping the entire tutorial section.
- Later storyline mission - player is forced to throw somebody off the ledge by moving Sixaxis forwards, and as far as I can tell this action cannot be performed without motion controls.

Known issues:
- The game has trouble recognizing the controller on startup and will show a "Please reconnect SIXAXIS™ wireless controller" message as it gets to the main menu. This can be worked around by going to Pads config, selecting one of disconnected pads in Device dropdown, saving, then going back and selecting a proper device again. This tricks the game into thinking that gamepad has been disconnected and reconnected again, and it allows to proceed gracefully.

This post was last modified: 12-27-2019, 09:30 AM by CookiePLMonster.

Attached Files
.gz   RPCS3.log.gz (Size: 124.22 KB / Downloads: 51)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Godfather: The Don's Edition [BLUS30023] - by CookiePLMonster - 12-25-2019, 08:17 PM