Ar tonelico Qoga Knell of Ar Ciel [BLUS30639]
Started by AMMAREN

24 posts in this topic
reyvarie

2 posts 0 threads Joined: May 2022
06-08-2023, 07:39 AM -
Just moved to a new and better laptop (Legion Slim 7i) and decided to test this again. Video framerate is great now and I no longer have issues with the battle music, so it seems like those two problems were hardware limitations. The framerate drops from the interpreter (static) workaround are also much more manageable with these specs. Screen transition crashes still occur with these specs whether the PPU decoder is on LLVM or static.

EDIT: With PPU decoder on static and SPU decoder on dynamic, the screen transition crashes still exist but *much* less often. I managed to make it out of the prison in 3 attempts, while previously I took over 30. Did more attempts and managed to make it out again after a few crashes. Not sure if this is due to hardware improvements, emulator improvements, or both. Not sure if this is classifiable as "Playable" but it does seem to be reasonable with some perseverance. Worth testing more (I'll get to my replay eventually but not so soon, so feel free to fill in the role).

EDIT 2: The person who was testing this with me was using the same PC as when they were playing before several years back. Back then they had single digit FPS on the static interpreter, so it seems like the FPS improvement (at least 30-60, for me I usually get higher than that with very rare brief drops to 15) on these settings is likely due to improvements on the emulator's side. These settings also cause the in-game videos to lag (eg. OP, cosmosphere intro), which can be avoided by switching back to LLVM and ASMJIT
This post was last modified: 06-08-2023, 08:41 AM by reyvarie.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ar tonelico Qoga Knell of Ar Ciel - [BLUS30639] - by AMMAREN - 01-31-2017, 08:57 AM
RE: Ar tonelico Qoga Knell of Ar Ciel [BLUS30639] - by reyvarie - 06-08-2023, 07:39 AM
RE: Ar tonelico Qoga Knell of Ar Ciel - [BLUS30639] - by chouchers - 04-28-2017, 04:07 AM
RE: Ar tonelico Qoga Knell of Ar Ciel - [BLUS30639] - by AMMAREN - 07-30-2017, 10:16 PM