Ar tonelico Qoga Knell of Ar Ciel [BLUS30639]
Started by AMMAREN

24 posts in this topic
reyvarie

2 posts 0 threads Joined: May 2022
01-07-2023, 05:48 AM -
I don't recall if I actually typed out a reply for this and it didn't get approved or was stuck with my account not being activated back then. In any case I would like to say that the game is very much not in the "Playable" state as defined by the compatibility list. The screenshots shown are all from the very beginning of the game, before any of the major crash issues. I actually did manage to complete the game last year, but that required me to face hundreds of crashes and restarts. I tried using the settings in the image given and faced the same results. Granted, my laptops GPU is pretty bad (Radeon 540X), but in this there was no evidence that any of the major crash points were even reached.

Here are the major issues which must be checked before any recategorisation of the game
  • The emulator has a tendency to crash on screen transitions, especially for dungeons which many small rooms. The first instance of this is the Old Eternus Gallery (prison break scene), and the other major offender is the Archia Think Tank.
  • The emulator also crashes when run for long enough in dungeons with few large rooms. This is most notable in the Clustania Executive District and is also sometimes an issue in the Lymph Vessel
  • Image synthesis results in crashes maybe a quarter to half the time. In the case of the very first synthesis it felt much higher than that and I could only bypass it by switching the interpreter to static. This results in a massively decreased frame rate.
  • The battle music starts sounding corrupted pretty quickly whenever you have Hyumas assigned, especially if it's more than one. This does not affect battles where there is an insert song overriding the main theme. I have heard of a person who did not have issues with this though.
  • Some videos lag. The opening song is a good test point for this.
  • There are also occasionally crashes on World Map transitions. This is not that common so it isn't as big an issue.
This post was last modified: 01-07-2023, 11:17 PM by Ani.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ar tonelico Qoga Knell of Ar Ciel - [BLUS30639] - by AMMAREN - 01-31-2017, 08:57 AM
RE: Ar tonelico Qoga Knell of Ar Ciel - [BLUS30639] - by reyvarie - 01-07-2023, 05:48 AM
RE: Ar tonelico Qoga Knell of Ar Ciel - [BLUS30639] - by chouchers - 04-28-2017, 04:07 AM
RE: Ar tonelico Qoga Knell of Ar Ciel - [BLUS30639] - by AMMAREN - 07-30-2017, 10:16 PM