You guys have done it!
Started by OldSkoolGamer

1 posts in this topic
OldSkoolGamer
Unregistered

06-24-2016, 09:10 PM -
Hi all, Goood Morning / Good Afternoon / Good Evening wherever you are.

I would just first like to say that I purposely signed up to this forum to congratulate the developers of RCPS3. You guys have made a smashing job on this emulator and I look forward to seeing more develops in the future

Anyway, to the point. I am currently an average gamer. I have always loved video games ever since growing up in the 90s, in fact, even to this day my favourite game of all time is still a point and click adventure game for DOS!

I am in the middle of pricing up a gaming rig. I originally had. 2 - 2.5k budget to spend but after pricing up a monitor and extras, its now over (9000!) £3k. It will be a monster but im happy to spend this as the last time I had a gaming desktop was back in 2005!

My aim is to be able to play the latest games (without spending £300-£500 every few years for the latest games console) on the PC as well as emulate. If any body is able to advise me, but from what I understand an emulator with games running needs to roughly be 10x more powerful than the original console.

The RCPS3 is the final stage I want to hit while emulating my PS3 classics, i've gone through EPSXE, PCS2, Dolphin and a few other nintendo emulators and I have been working out how im going to run them and I think with the specs I have priced up, these will run fine no problem. How long do you think it will be until the RCPS3 is running smoothly? I understand the Cell processor is hard to mimic.

Messages In This Thread
RE: You guys have done it! - by OldSkoolGamer - 06-24-2016, 09:10 PM
RE: You guys have done it! - by Annie - 06-27-2016, 07:38 PM