How can non-programmers help with RSX emulation?
Started by Ekaseo

5 posts in this topic
tambre
Unregistered

02-27-2015, 04:20 PM -
(02-27-2015, 01:32 PM)Wrath Wrote: Instead of creating a new similar thread, I'll ask here.

I'd like to contribute to RPCS3. I know programming and can learn fast. But this is the first time for me dealing with such projects. The only experience I have is from college courses about C++/ Data Structure and so on. Also, I studied the MIPs architecture before so it should a little smoother.

I checked the GitHub and I'm reading the PDFs there about CELL as a start. It is kinda huge and hard to digest at start. I'm trying to learn what I can about the CELL architecture, so I can understand the written code so far.

What is the best way for a beginner like me to start contributing? Who can I contact for further help in this?

P.S. I don't have a real PS3 or PS3 games. The only console I ever had was NES back in the old days Shy

Is having a PS3 necessary?

Thank you all.

First I'd suggest you to join the #rpcs3 IRC channel on EFNet so you can talk to the developers directly and we can help you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How can non-programmers help with RSX emulation? - by Ekaseo - 02-24-2015, 10:01 AM
RE: How can non-programmers help with RSX emulation? - by tambre - 02-24-2015, 11:58 AM
RE: How can non-programmers help with RSX emulation? - by tambre - 02-27-2015, 04:20 PM