Gran Turismo 5 will not boot. (SOLVED)
Started by B0G4RT

3 posts in this topic
Cole Macwrath

4 posts 0 threads Joined: Apr 2024
07-08-2024, 06:20 PM -
(07-03-2024, 03:12 AM)B0G4RT Wrote: Lets talk about my further experiments with this problem I had.

I have since gotten the original Gran Turismo 5 game to run with some crashes and slow downs on the most up to date version of RPCS3 as of today. 3 July 2024
I started by downloading the version for Windows 7 of RPCS3
I then discovered my Gran turismo 5 Prologue copy worked without intervention
I still wanted to play the original Game or the XL version (2.01)
on a recommendation from my workmate that also deals with emulators regularly, I checked that I was using both the US version of the BIOS and the US version of the game.
My version was originally denoted as WW (World Wide)  but I dug a bit deeper and realized that pervious "discs" that I had dumped were from various geographical locations JP, AU, EU
once I made sure to have both set to US versions my "unmapped memory" problem was solved.

I have no clue if that can contribute to unmapped memory but that is what fixed my issue.

I also followed the RPCS3 Wiki recommended settings for Grand turismo 5 
https://wiki.rpcs3.net/index.php?title=Gran_Turismo_5

I hope this helps anyone else who has these issues.

I have encountered the same issue when I tried to update the GT5, the base version runs fine but it I tried updating the game it presented issues, I've tried asking around what the proper procedure for updating games is but I've not had any luck. I got the updates from 2 different sources so I don't believe it's a faulty update (also used it on my actual PS3 with no issues).  I believe version 2.11 is the best version of GT5 as it allows for the most car hacking. I haven't had any luck getting that version to run on the emulator. 

If I find more info about what's going on I'll be sure to post it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gran Turismo 5 will not boot. - by B0G4RT - 06-29-2024, 09:52 AM
RE: Gran Turismo 5 will not boot. - by B0G4RT - 07-03-2024, 03:12 AM
RE: Gran Turismo 5 will not boot. - by Cole Macwrath - 07-08-2024, 06:20 PM