RPCS3/Game not installing latest game patch
Started by MickeyFromTN

2 posts in this topic
MickeyFromTN

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Apr 2021
Rainbow  04-20-2021, 09:25 AM -
Before you all cobble me, as it usually goes when I enter any forum, let me explain.

I recently got me hands on Motorstorm Pacific Rift [BCUS98155] and I added it to my game list. I make sure to turn on what recommended settings there were after browsing a topic from long ago that people had said they would get a crash at the title screen. I of course test my luck, to no avail. I also get the title screen crash. No big deal, I guess I can figure this out, I research the topic more and found that there was an update added to the emulator that helped fix it, and I look back in my RPCS3 tab to see I'm on version 01.00, with an update available that would put me to version 01.03. I proceed to right click the game, go to manage game passes, and find Motorstorm Pacific Rift (Oddly enough if I check Only Show Owned Games when right clicking to get to the patch manager, the game does not pop up, but if I go to the Manage button at the top of the RPCS3 menu itself THEN click game patches, it pops up when I check Only Show Owned Games) and I go thru the patch, check the boxes I want to keep on and leave the ones I don't want off, and hit Apply, then Save. It still said it was 01.00, but I figured maybe if I boot it up it will change, to my dismay, same result. When I check back to the version, it still says 01.00.

What???

I try different combinations, tried thru right clicking the game to manage patches, went thru the manage button in the emulator itself THEN game patches, tried different combinations of the check boxes in the patch itself, tried hitting save and not apply, vice versa, but nothing I do will give me the patch. It says I have it in the emulator, that it downloaded all the latest patches, but the game itself will not take the update and go to 01.03. I scowered around, hoping to find an answer and not have to come on here (as most forums seem to chew me out for little reason) but nobody seems to be having this issue unfortunately, or technically fortunately (glad you guys don't have this looming burden).

My emulator is always up to date, the game boots up, just crashes at the title screen, I don't know if I'm overlooking the tiniest detail and it's making a fuss over it, or if I need to jump into the game files itself and manually install a patch (I have no idea about coding or how to find or even install the right patch, let alone most ADVANCED technical problems with emulators/computer files in general, I literally didn't know how to extract zip files until I was 19, I'm 21 right now.)

Any advice would be appreciated, any guidance or solutions. I apologize if this is not the right forum topic to post in for this, and also sorry if I wasted your time by overlooking something I should've seen.
Ani
Administrator

4,264 posts 105 threads Joined: Aug 2017
04-20-2021, 11:13 AM -
Game Patches are emulator patches, not Game Updates.
You can't update your games from within the emulator, you need to get those updates externally and then install them on RPCS3.
    Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X,   Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G DDR4 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
     Laptop: Ryzen 9 5900HX,  Radeon RX 6700M,   2x8G DDR4 3200MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: AMD FX-8350,     Radeon R9 280X,    2x4G DDR3 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux
MickeyFromTN

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Apr 2021
04-21-2021, 06:08 AM -
(04-20-2021, 11:13 AM)Ani Wrote: Game Patches are emulator patches, not Game Updates.
You can't update your games from within the emulator, you need to get those updates externally and then install them on RPCS3.

I see...

I'm unsure where to find the patch for the game, I looked around a bunch of places for it, found some links but they were sketch and more than likely viruses. I will continue my search, thank you!