RPCS3 shut down my monitor
Started by ori0032

2 posts in this topic
ori0032

44 posts 5 threads Joined: Nov 2017
01-07-2020, 03:56 AM -
I played Battlefield: bad company 2. it's on a really good state now. mostly 30 FPS even on 4k. but sometimes when you running it, you see error message and sometimes randomly freezes in the middle of the game. I assume that those are normal problems in that stage.

But i just encounter a weird problem, that in the middle of a cutscene the monitor just lost signal on the dvi port. the only why i found to make it work again,  is to restart the PC manually

Log:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=16_Uieu...iV5rJQGwo5
This post was last modified: 01-07-2020, 02:07 PM by ori0032.
ps0ne

304 posts 59 threads Joined: Oct 2017
01-12-2020, 09:21 AM -
Its definitely not a problem with Your monitor, but with Your hardware (PC).

I guess, Your PC is overheating, or Your graphic card have some problems (overheating, power delivery), or at last its graphic drivers problems (vulkan drivers specifically).

To find out the cause, i would install some monitoring software first, like gpu-z, hwinfo, or anything else and save temp and maybe voltage values into log. Or use some OSD program to see cpu, gpu temperature on the screen while playing.

Also, just after the blackout, go to Event Viewer (right click on window icon and its on dropdown menu) and navigate to Windows logs (forgot how this menu is in english) and in submenu click System or Application, to see errror logs. Look for the time of occurence and pay attention on red triangle signs. Read carefully content of the error. It gives usually more clues what happened, because it stores errors that appear just right before the freeeze.
This post was last modified: 01-12-2020, 09:24 AM by ps0ne.
ori0032

44 posts 5 threads Joined: Nov 2017
01-13-2020, 10:33 AM -
(01-12-2020, 09:21 AM)ps0ne Wrote: Its definitely not a problem with Your monitor, but with Your hardware (PC).

I guess, Your PC is overheating, or Your graphic card have some problems (overheating, power delivery), or at last its graphic drivers problems (vulkan drivers specifically).

To find out the cause, i would install some monitoring software first, like gpu-z, hwinfo, or anything else and save temp and maybe  voltage values into log. Or use some OSD program to see cpu, gpu temperature on the screen while playing.

Also, just after the blackout, go to Event Viewer (right click on window icon and its on dropdown menu) and navigate to Windows logs (forgot how this menu is in english) and in submenu click System or Application, to see errror logs. Look for the time of occurence and pay attention on red triangle signs. Read carefully content of the error. It gives usually more clues what happened, because it stores errors that appear just right before the freeeze.
For now it was one time. so i'll wait until it will happen again (if it will). and i'll check that out.