Struggeling to create a valid ISO.
Started by fladiE

5 posts in this topic
fladiE

6 posts 1 threads Joined: Jul 2018
Question  07-11-2018, 07:20 PM -
Hi there,

As the topic says, I´m struggling to create an Iso image of my 3-4 important games. I can say, that I´ve read the Quick-Guide over and over again.
In my first steps I just made an Iso from my God of War 3, unzipped it, started it, just to realize it´s barely not supported yet (blackscreen). So I decided to try the next one.

The main step I´ve never done was the decryption of the Iso. 3k3y IsoTools tells me multiple decryption error and that it will proceed without decryption. 

I now wonder if it could be, that even if the ID is right (and mentioned on the Game disks) the games are not encryptable? Or does my Blueray Drive ASUS BW-16D1HT produce errors?

Could someone tell me, what I do wrong here?

To create the image i tried ImgBurn, IsoCreator and 3k3y IsoTools (with ird file). But all of them ended in errors while decrypting.
I did this with the following games:
BCES00791 Blu-Ray God of War: Collection
BCES01584 Blu-Ray The Last of Us
BCES00510 Blu-Ray God of War III (without encryption)

Additionaly i would like to ask, if there are such tools/terminal commands for linux availabe, since this is my primary OS, I would like to use it here.

If You need more information, just ask me.
I could provide you with the Log from 3k3y IsoTools if needed.

Thanks alot!
greets
fladiE

08-01-2018, 07:59 AM -
Hi again,

The main problem is, that rpcs3 tell me, that my launcher files are no elf. Which I think it means it´s no launcher file. (can still provide log files from rpcs3 and the other tools).
Just want to ask, if there are other guides on this. Maybe someone else have had this problems.

regards
Ani
Administrator

4,264 posts 105 threads Joined: Aug 2017
08-01-2018, 12:44 PM -
Some people have reported issues with ImgBurn in the past, try using another disc cloning software in order to generate the ISO.

After decrypting the ISO, you need to either mount it or extract it, and the elf executable will be at PS3_GAME/USRDIR/EBOOT.BIN. If you try booting and it says that it's an invalid file, then it's still encrypted.
    Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X,   Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G DDR4 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
     Laptop: Ryzen 9 5900HX,  Radeon RX 6700M,   2x8G DDR4 3200MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: AMD FX-8350,     Radeon R9 280X,    2x4G DDR3 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux
fladiE

08-02-2018, 10:31 PM -
(08-01-2018, 12:44 PM)Ani Wrote: Some people have reported issues with ImgBurn in the past, try using another disc cloning software in order to generate the ISO.

After decrypting the ISO, you need to either mount it or extract it, and the elf executable will be at PS3_GAME/USRDIR/EBOOT.BIN. If you try booting and it says that it's an invalid file, then it's still encrypted.

Than You for pointing me on ImgBurn. I´ve just used another method (linux dd commandline tool) to copy over the disk on my hdd. Afterwards everything fall into place.
Tanks alot.
fladiE

08-07-2018, 07:56 AM -
Hi again,

I found one file, that seems to crash the patcher programm (The Last of Us BCES01584). Does this occur more often? I would gues, that this is reproducible. Just download that ird file and open it with the patcher. It should lead to an application error with Memory adress faults.

Is there another source for such files or can I use the next file BCES01585 to encrypt the game?

I´ve successfully dumped 10 games now. So I think Iam doing right so far.
fladiE

Lightbulb  08-11-2018, 07:32 AM -
Ok got it dumped and encrypted with another ird file.
Thanks alot.