Compiling RPCS3 - missing components
Started by Otakon7

3 posts in this topic
Otakon7

38 posts 6 threads Joined: Dec 2017
07-07-2018, 02:03 PM -
Hello,

Wanted to try and see if changing a piece code will help, but when I tried to compile the project, I ran into some issues. My guess is I'm missing some libraries.

The errors I ran into were:
  • \rpcs3\3rdparty\libpng\pngpriv.h(72): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'pnglibconf.h': No such file or directory
  • fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'LLVMProfileData.lib'
  • \rpcs3\llvm\include\llvm\support\compiler.h(18): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'llvm/Config/llvm-config.h': No such file or directory
  • fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'LLVMProfileData.lib'
  • \rpcs3\Emu\RSX\VK\VKGSRender.cpp : fatal error C1128: number of sections exceeded object file format limit: compile with /bigobj
  • fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'OpenAL.lib'

If somebody can help me with telling what (exactly) I'm still missing, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
Otakon7

07-09-2018, 06:00 PM -
So quick update, I needed to run a seperate update submodules command.

Well, for future reference, to have a compilible RPCS3 repository, just run these 3 commands:

1. git clone https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3.git
2. git submodule update --init
3. git pull --recurse-submodules

EDIT:

Was happy too soon lol. The output, while no errors, didn't compile all the things, so I'm missing the .exe for example.
This post was last modified: 07-09-2018, 06:21 PM by Otakon7.
Otakon7

07-10-2018, 06:29 PM -
I don't get it.

It says the build was successful, but the output is nowhere to be found. The only "error" I get is from CMAke which is "RPCS3 can only be compiled on 64-bit platforms".

Well, guess I should give up and stick to old builds until an official fix is ready.

EDIT: nvm I'm a dummy lol, found the problem. All works.

EDIT2: In case people are stuck with the same problem, do these (guide for VS2017):

1. Once you open the project for the 1st time in Visual Studio, you must make sure to select "No upgrade" for all options VS offers you.
2. Set build mode to "Release - LLVM" (the dropdown menu in the 2nd row of the toolbar, next to the "x64" dropdown)
3. Right click on "glslang-build" and select "Build" (this can take up to 30 minutes on first try depending on your PC)
4. Do the same as in step 3 for "llvm-build" (also up to 30 min)
5. At the toolbar, select Build > Build Solution (this took 1 hour for me on the 1st try, tries after take 20 minutes)
This post was last modified: 07-19-2018, 04:07 PM by Otakon7.
Otakon7

08-28-2018, 04:58 PM -
Need some help with using MSBuild to compile RPCS3 if anybody has experience using command line.

I need to (re)build "glslang-build" and "llvm-build" but not sure how to select them via cmd.

In short, I can no longer compile with MSBuild since the recent merging into Master (missing "glsl") and my Visual Studio expired*

* and my developer MS account was flagged, and I don't want to give my phone to MS lol and I wanna see if I can build projects using only MSBuild before I try to make a new MS account.