Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII [NPEB01321]
Started by Kravicka

5 posts in this topic
Kravicka

162 posts 26 threads Joined: Aug 2017
01-11-2018, 05:35 PM -
RPCS3 v0.0.4-6305-51a2b43d8 Alpha
Intro

.gz   RPCS3.log.gz (Size: 97.91 KB / Downloads: 11)
[Image: CwrhKKk.png]
[Image: 4m5wb2-2.png]
Farseer

9 posts 0 threads Joined: Aug 2017
01-17-2018, 09:15 PM -
Corrupted file, or is it just me?
Kravicka

01-18-2018, 01:20 PM -
ye corrupt for me too(maybe someone can open it i will leave it there)

crash changed if I remember correctly..

new log

.gz   RPCS3.log.gz (Size: 127.67 KB / Downloads: 12)
This post was last modified: 01-18-2018, 01:21 PM by Kravicka.
Kravicka

06-18-2018, 05:10 PM -
RPCS3 v0.0.5-6963-c60f7b89b Alpha | HEAD
Ingame

Need PPU Interpreter

Loading Save doesnt work

.gz   RPCS3.log.gz (Size: 257.5 KB / Downloads: 5)
This post was last modified: 06-18-2018, 05:37 PM by Kravicka.
ShadixAced

17 posts 5 threads Joined: Apr 2020
05-06-2020, 08:27 PM -
RPCS3 v0.0.10-10339-e1042bc6 Alpha | HEAD | Firmware version: 4.4
Intel® Core™ i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz | 12 Threads | 15.84 GiB RAM | TSC: 2.592GHz | AVX+ | FMA3

Ingame (Used VBlank Frequency to 120 MHz, works with a steady 60 FPS in menus, very variable ingame (around 30 to 59 FPS), tried to fix graphical issues with "Write Color Blocks")

Graphical stutters (missing spots, when Lightning moves, place goes crazy), this is (I think) known by everyone who tested it.
Cannot go to the other room after Lumina's fight (Unmapped memory error occurs).

E {SPU[0x1000100] Thread (UserSpursCellSpursKernel1) [0x00ee8]} VM: Access violation writing location 0xffdead00 (unmapped memory)
F {PPU[0x1000000] Thread (main_thread) [0x00923568]} VM: Access violation reading location 0x3f0ce808 (unmapped memory)
This post was last modified: 05-08-2020, 09:49 AM by ShadixAced. Edit Reason: Added errors.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.gz   RPCS3.log.gz (Size: 1.28 MB / Downloads: 2)
FinishedFragment

12 posts 3 threads Joined: May 2021
10-09-2021, 01:40 PM -
I managed to finish this game. TL;DR: Ingame. But Playable if you really want to.

The performance is mediocre. My hardware is not the best either but especially the Wildlands can cause a pretty low framerate. This is mostly impacting the wide open grasslands. I suspect the black noise, see below, may negatively impact the framerate, but this is just an uneducated guess.

There are a couple of issues:

Freezes on specific spots

https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/issues/8241
You can not skip cutscenes to circumvent it. The loading screen will freeze instead.

The full list is:
  • In the tutorial, right before you encounter the Zaltys. This does not happen on a New Game+ because the tutorial will be skipped entirely.
  • When getting the final number for the code in Luxerion.
  • When performing the play in Yusnaan.
  • After defeating Caius Ballad in the Wildlands, temple of the goddess*.
  • After defeating Grendel/Parandus in the Dead Dunes.*
  • After the final Bhunivelze fight*.

*: There is a battle immediately before that you need to fight with the PPU Decoer set to Interpreter (fast). Unfortunately this results in a slideshow battle because the fps may get insanely low.

Graphical issues

Most of the other issues are graphical. They range from annoying to barely noticable.

Black and white noise everywhere

[Image: RErSlbi.png]

This is the most annoying graphical issue. This black noise is pretty well visible and everywhere. Mostly in the sky and the shadows. It also forms patterns in the sky, which can be a vital hint to anyone wanting to debug this issue.

(And yes, as you can see, the game is successfully able to detect my XIII-2 and XIII saves and I got these extra garbs when I started playing. Nice work devs!)

Several shadow bugs

There are a couple of shadow bugs. They are not too bad though. The shadows are flickering, too but I noticed this in several games.

[Image: I2K4QSL.png]

Look at this shrub. This is rather hard to see ingame, so this is a minor graphical issue. This impacts a variety of foliage and even the chocobos feathers. The shadow bug is not visible on the other side of the shrub. I think it is triggered when the camera/player is not affected by shadows in the moment.

[Image: qcazLOI.png]

This shadow bug is really hard to see on a screenshot, it is way more visible when seeing it in action. But even then it is a really minor issue. Look at the top left to middle of the cliff, there are some horizontal "shadow stripes". There is a variety of such artifacts. There is also more white noise in the shadows.

Weird dotted texture thing

[Image: tSYYg45.png]

More like another demonstration of the noise, but if you look closely at the chest feathers you will see some dots. Hard to notice. Minor bug.

Shard Blade/Flesh Render dotted transparency

[Image: AXhvOOg.png]

Do not be alarmed by that scary magenta. This is actually an intended feature and not a missing texture. You can see this weird dotted transparency which is the actual bug. Just search for "Lightning returns flesh render" on $SEARCH_ENGINE and look at the image results to see that the transparency is actually supposed to be a little more opaque and not dotted. See the chocobo chest feather thing above, it might be related.

Black flickering

https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/issues/8603

It seems to be more severe for nvidia users, but I only get that when an area is loading and it vanishes quickly.

The Ark appears pixelated

No screenshot here yet either, but it seems like the resolution is going down on the Ark. Since you do not spend much time in it, this is not very critical.

Shop menu highlight bug

Last but not least, something I do not have a screenshot for yet. This bug is annoying but minor. When you scroll through your inventory in a shop to sell stuff, the list items are randomly highlighted, as in they are not gray but white.