Are following features planned in future?
Started by RPCS3_FAN

6 posts in this topic
RPCS3_FAN

40 posts 9 threads Joined: Dec 2017
12-11-2017, 10:56 AM -
Dear Community,

I just have a question if following features are planned to be implemented:

- GFX Filters to improve graphics for games like ePSXe, Dolphin and PCSX2?

- Automatic download the configuration for games like Loading libraries and other settings, so the User does not need to check Forum for settings.

And my suggestion for a greater community:

How about a legal shop (which has license to sell) for PS1, PS2 and PS3 games like GOG for PC Games. An Retro Game Shop.
The Profits could be shared with PCSX2, Dolphin and RPCS3 Community.

Or do the game publishers have a contract which bans them from making such deals? So RPCS3 could offer either rip/dump your own games or buy in shop.

Greetings
Ani
Administrator

4,264 posts 105 threads Joined: Aug 2017
12-11-2017, 06:12 PM -
No to all questions.

GFX filters could be planned one day in the future, but nothing of the kind is planned right now.

> - Automatic download the configuration for games like Loading libraries and other settings, so the User does not need to check Forum for settings.
You're not supposed to touch libraries loading mode. For other settings, it depends on hardware, and we're not going to mantain a database of thousands of games when settings are always changing themselves.

> How about a legal shop (which has license to sell) for PS1, PS2 and PS3 games like GOG for PC Games. An Retro Game Shop.
I don't know how you seriously think this is possible, you'd need not only a license from Sony, but also from every publisher you wished to sell games from, and then distribution contracts with them...
This post was last modified: 12-11-2017, 06:13 PM by Ani.
    Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X,   Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G DDR4 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
     Laptop: Ryzen 9 5900HX,  Radeon RX 6700M,   2x8G DDR4 3200MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: AMD FX-8350,     Radeon R9 280X,    2x4G DDR3 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux
RPCS3_FAN

12-11-2017, 08:53 PM -
->You're not supposed to touch libraries loading mode. For other settings, it depends on hardware, and we're not going to mantain a database of thousands of games when settings are always changing themselves.
- How about a Wiki for it?

->I don't know how you seriously think this is possible, you'd need not only a license from Sony, but also from every publisher you wished to sell games from, and then distribution contracts with them...

GOG is working well for old PC Games. Why should e.g. Konami be against selling their old PS3 Games? SH Downpour is working (if you rename or remove the Movies Folder in RPCS3 dev_hdd0 SH Folder). Does the Contract between Konami and Sony bans them from selling it as Digital copy?

I forgot: PCSX2 has the save state feature. Is it possible for RPCS3?
Ani
Administrator

12-12-2017, 04:21 PM -
Wiki is already planned.

Save states are possible, if anyone wants to do them they can go ahead, otherwise it's not a priority.
They will be several hundreds of megabytes big though, each.

> GOG is working well for old PC Games.
They're PC games being sold for PC. The publishers don't need any license from PC gatekeepers in order to publish the game, simply because you don't need a license to make PC games, it is not a locked platform like consoles.
And obviously GOG needs to have a contract with the publisher so they're authorized to sell whatever they're selling.

> Why should e.g. Konami be against selling their old PS3 Games? SH Downpour is working (if you rename or remove the Movies Folder in RPCS3 dev_hdd0 SH Folder). Does the Contract between Konami and Sony bans them from selling it as Digital copy?

I don't know, I'm not Konami, but I'm pretty sure you won't have any luck while asking them.
Old Desktop: AMD FX-8350,     Radeon R9 280X,    2x4G DDR3 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux
RPCS3_FAN

12-13-2017, 08:40 PM -
Is the PS3 License for a game or for sold copies? If it is per game they are already paid. Since my suggestion were to sell already released games.
SpaceX

34 posts 12 threads Joined: Sep 2017
12-14-2017, 10:53 PM -
Not that I agree with the OP on selling games through RPCS3, but several publishers sell their emulated PS1 games through Steam. I don't think that they need a license from Sony (as many third party publishers of 16-bit games don't need a license from Sega/Nintendo to sell their emulated roms either). Not saying that it's a good idea, just that it would be up to the publisher, not the manufacturer that they originally sold the software on. What you seem to be arguing here is that you need to get a license from Sony in order to sell your own IP with a bundled emulator (RPCS3 in this case), I don't think that is accurate.
This post was last modified: 12-14-2017, 11:29 PM by SpaceX.
Ani
Administrator

12-19-2017, 12:24 AM -
I don't know about PS1 but reselling ROMs with bundled emulator, in this case RPCS3, would pretty much violate Sony's Software License Agreement for PS3 games.
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/legal/...relicense/

I don't see how this could end up fine for publishers who attempt that.

Of course, you can legally backup games you own (subject to country of living) and use them on emulators due to legal precedents, but here you'd be directly selling the games so it isn't quite the same thing.
It may be fine in the end of the day, and I'm not a lawyer, so you should probably ask one for detailed answers on this.
This post was last modified: 12-19-2017, 12:28 AM by Ani.