Tales of Graces F [BLUS30903]
Started by jazjaz36

131 posts in this topic
XtraT
Unregistered

07-29-2017, 12:11 AM -
Did you enable Vulkan? No glitchy graphics for me.

Edit: outside of the menu glitch and small black lines here and there, nothing major though.
jazjaz36
Unregistered

07-29-2017, 12:38 AM -
(07-29-2017, 12:11 AM)XtraT Wrote: Did you enable Vulkan? No glitchy graphics for me.

Edit: outside of the menu glitch and small black lines here and there, nothing major though.

yes. It is Vulkan. OpenGL is worse on the graphics problem.
XtraT
Unregistered

07-29-2017, 12:46 AM -
Weird, I know Strict Rendering mode isn't in the build I'm using because they removed it at some point (I figured it was baked-in the emulator) but then re-added it in the latest builds. I think your best bet is to use a slightly older build that has Strict Rendering mode and see if that works. Mind posting a screenshot?
jazjaz36
Unregistered

07-29-2017, 01:02 AM -
(07-29-2017, 12:46 AM)XtraT Wrote: Weird, I know Strict Rendering mode isn't in the build I'm using because they removed it at some point (I figured it was baked-in the emulator) but then re-added it in the latest builds. I think your best bet is to use a slightly older build that has Strict Rendering mode and see if that works. Mind posting a screenshot?

I have no idea which older builds have that. But anyway here are the screenshots for the build (5479)
XtraT
Unregistered

07-29-2017, 01:08 AM -
Might be different things, like different game version, different video card (probably that) but idk really.

But yeah your best bet is to just try anterior builds to 5479, one that has Strict Rendering Mode.
jazjaz36
Unregistered

07-29-2017, 01:12 AM -
(07-29-2017, 01:08 AM)XtraT Wrote: Might be different things, like different game version, different video card (probably that) but idk really.

But yeah your best bet is to just try anterior builds to 5479, one that has Strict Rendering Mode.

ugh I have to trial and error then... I don't think its the video card though. Mine is an inferior Intel but the fact that I can get a perfect version (with just the freezing) then it must be something else.
Butz_san
Unregistered

07-29-2017, 05:51 PM -
(07-29-2017, 01:02 AM)jazjaz36 Wrote:
(07-29-2017, 12:46 AM)XtraT Wrote: Weird, I know Strict Rendering mode isn't in the build I'm using because they removed it at some point (I figured it was baked-in the emulator) but then re-added it in the latest builds. I think your best bet is to use a slightly older build that has Strict Rendering mode and see if that works. Mind posting a screenshot?

I have no idea which older builds have that. But anyway here are the screenshots for the build (5479)

It doesn't work well on Intel HD, same problem here on my laptop, with my desktop is working fine (nvidia gtx 770)
XtraT
Unregistered

07-30-2017, 12:15 AM -
The game has a chance of freezing if the emulator is in the background, so save often if you alt tab. Here's the error (100 MB log)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8I8P6...Hh4TzBHZkU
jazjaz36
Unregistered

07-30-2017, 12:40 AM -
sorry about that. the version i'm actually using is NPUB31133. i'll just post on that thread to avoid confusion. i hear game versions have different problems
XtraT
Unregistered

07-30-2017, 12:54 AM -
So I've beaten the main game, here are some screenshots from the finish line. I used the build 5479 because the most recent builds make the game freeze after a short amount of time. Used both Recompilers, Vulkan and limited the FPS to 30 for best results, rest of the options on default.

The game as a few glitches, mainly blurred skits (audio and video go out of sync), menu background doesn't seem to crop properly, there are black bars showing around character (mostly noticeable in cutscenes) and the game might freeze if you alt-tab for too long.

Outside battles, most of the game runs at a very good speed. In-game cutscenes' audio can be a bit grainy but nothing major. The game drop a few frames during loading times but you only notice it because of the audio lagging.

In battles, the speed is good. The main issue is that the speed is not stable and the emulator doesn't actually show the real FPS (it stays at 30 FPS pretty much all the time except for loading screens). Sometimes the combats will go a bit faster or a bit slower than normal, but only the video lags, not the sound so at least your ears don't bleed.

Overall it's a decent enough experience compared to playing on console.