God Of War: Origins Collection [BCUS98289]
Started by Kilowog01

19 posts in this topic
Asinine

2,060 posts 83 threads Joined: Aug 2017
05-20-2018, 04:31 AM -
I loaded my save games many times, it works fine here. did you make your save with RPCS3 or are they from a real ps3? if the saves were created with a real ps3 then did you remember to decrypt them with the brute force savedata tool? If they were created with RPCS3 then they may have corrupted if the game crashed while saving. Try making a new save and/or uploading the save here so someone can try it.

I played each game for 2 hours just to confirm what the tester was saying about it being playable and had zero issues. 60fps everywhere, audio was good and no crashes with Vulkan although i only put 2 hours into each game the tester who made the playable report finished both games.
This post was last modified: 05-20-2018, 04:38 AM by Asinine.
hecta

66 posts 5 threads Joined: Aug 2017
05-20-2018, 05:14 AM -
(05-20-2018, 04:31 AM)Asinine Wrote: I loaded my save games many times, it works fine here. did you make your save with RPCS3 or are they from a real ps3? if the saves were created with a real ps3 then did you remember to decrypt them with the brute force savedata tool? If they were created with RPCS3 then they may have corrupted if the game crashed while saving. Try making a new save and/or uploading the save here so someone can try it.

I played each game for 2 hours just to confirm what the tester was saying about it being playable and had zero issues. 60fps everywhere, audio was good and no crashes with Vulkan although i only put 2 hours into each game the tester who made the playable report finished both games.
Ok I tried what you said, making a new savegame WITH the current build, and that did work. The saved game I was using before was from an older version of RPCS3, not from a real PS3. Also when I tried with OpenGL, I barely even started a new game (Chains of Olympus) and I got a crash when compiling shaders, the fps went to 0.92 as shown in the picture and the game just froze. I'm gonna keep playing it with Vulkan and see if I still get the semaphore crash I always get.

The log I'm leaving is the one with the OpenGL crash at the very beginning

RPCS3 v0.0.5-6796-4e8ce7fac Alpha

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.gz   RPCS3.log.gz (Size: 195.63 KB / Downloads: 12)
Sandi1987

182 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2017
06-09-2018, 04:52 AM -
This game it's not playable. Game crashing and i have problem with load game.
spyro

5 posts 1 threads Joined: Dec 2017
06-09-2018, 09:30 AM -
The game is not playable since it will crash compiling shaders after fmv

Most of the times it works on tsx enable cpu's but without it it wont
currently there are lots of games that have regressed on cpus that are not compatible with tsx
darks souls II hangs before going ingame on llvm
soulcalibur IV hangs on fmv
Soulcalibur V hangs on fmv~
and so on...
dasilvasantos

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Feb 2019
02-25-2019, 12:12 PM -
(12-30-2017, 06:04 AM)hecta Wrote: Played for a good 30-40 minutes on both games, Chains of Olympus didn't crash once, and the performance was perfect all the time.
Ghost of Sparta crashed only once on the first boss, it gave me an "semaphone error" or something like that, don't know what I means, so I tried for a second time and after that I didn't get any more crashes, so Ghost of Sparta is also playable.

The menu where you select which game you want to play works, saving works, the only problem is stuttering audio (but only during gameplay, not cutscenes), but besides that, perfect.

So just like the individual games, this should be moved to playable category

RPCS3 v0.0.4-6279-f271b650 Alpha

plz tell me about your configuration because it's crashing xhen i play it i use opengl ppu decoder:LLVM Recomplier spu decoder:LLVM Recomplier and i only load liblv2
Sandi1987

04-18-2019, 02:06 AM -
This game is not Playable. Black screen when i load Save Game.
Sandi1987

09-07-2019, 03:50 AM -
I finished both games. God of War: Ghost of Sparta with AMD Ryzen 7 3700X and God of War: Chains of Olympus with my previous i5-4670K. God of War: Ghost of Sparta freeze once with Vulkan but never with OpenGL.

I had many problems with my previous i5 CPU in this game. Black screen when i load game, stuttering... With Ryzen 3700X works perfect.
This post was last modified: 09-07-2019, 03:51 AM by Sandi1987.
Vlakc

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Feb 2020
02-02-2020, 01:45 PM -
I've been playing the game recently with no issues whatsoever up until version 0.0.8-9469
I updated today to version 0.0.8-9491 and now all video cutscenes give a black screen (audio still works), the rest of the game seems to work normally, I should point out that during all this I haven't touched neither my emulator or game settings.
Specifically, this issue is with Ghost of Sparta.
quick.sliver1

119 posts 0 threads Joined: Mar 2020
03-26-2020, 11:07 AM -
Playable
Beaten the game from start to finished.  Gameplay FPS is stable.

# Gameplay FPS = (59~60)
# Cutscenes (59~60)
# RPCS3 v0.0.9-10023-158e34fa Alpha
# Default setting [Res. scale= 300% Fullscreen 4K]
# Intel i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | 32GB RAM | 2070S 8GB Nvidia | NVMe storage (3500MB/2500MB Read/Write).
This post was last modified: 03-26-2020, 11:08 AM by quick.sliver1.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rar   RPCS3_CoO.rar (Size: 303.58 KB / Downloads: 25)
.rar   RPCS3_GoS.rar (Size: 316.1 KB / Downloads: 12)
thetargos

3 posts 1 threads Joined: Nov 2020
11-01-2020, 04:25 PM -
A couple of things I have notice with these games.

Disclaimer: I play on Linux using the (as of writing) latest release v0.0.12-11148-46d3066c

What mostly I have noticed are "cosmetic" issues, for example on the graphics front, if for any reason, the emulation is paused either via the main window control or by ctrl-p and then resumed, the FMVs will only display the first frame and freeze, audio still works.

I have several controller types, and the ones I use with the emulator are: One DualShock 3 controller (correctly identified as a PS3 controller), one DualShock 4 controller which maybe due to the system driver (Linux has had a driver for these pretty much since release date) is identfied simply as "wireless controller" when paired via BT, and one Xbox One S controller (identified as Xbox Wireless).

The most serious issue has to do with control. Obviously using either of the DS controllers feels just right with all games, but in the game's QTEs there is one huge caveat. Any QTE that uses the left analogue stick either half or full rotation is not picked up (even when the controller window shows no issues tracking the direction of the sticks), for the most part this happens especially with the DS3, BUT if the controller is connected via wire the input is then detected (although at the part where you enter Elysium or when you get the Zeus Gauntlet it is not recognized), this is alleviated with the DS4, though in the sections described, it also failed. However, the XBox controller has no issues with these (although it has other "latency" issues the other two do not show). I'm not sure how much of this is the underlying driver (both DS controllers are correctly used in pretty much all other games with RPCS3 and other applications such as Steam, or other native games), while for the Xbox Controller I have to use an out of tree driver: the xpadneo one. I tend to avoid userspace drivers such xboxdrv or ds4drv since with those I generally lose feedback (rumble) support.

Other than that, the games are fully playable. and I have had no issues changing controllers on-the-fly either, though I had to set controller profiles as a custom config for the games, since for some strange reason the dpad on the DS3 is detected as dpad buttons, but on the DS4 and XBox controllers are hats, and both DSs seem to invert Y→Triangle, X→Square relation and as such are Y→Square, X→Triangle.

System:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 1st gen 1800X
  • RAM: 32-GiB 3200
  • GFX: nVidida GTX1080, using driver 455.28
  • Operating System: Fedora Linux 32
RPCS3 Settings
  • CPU: PPU: Recompiler LLVM; SPU: Recompiler LLVM; Accurate xfloat, SPU Cache, SPU Loop detection and thread scheduler are selected. SPU block size: safe, Auto SPU thread.
  • GPU: Vulkan, default render device, 16:9 aspect ratio, frame limit auto, AF 16x, AA auto, default resolution 1080p, scaling 100%, Async shader mode, write colot buffers and multithreaded RSX enabled.
  • Audio: Ouptup FAudio, Downmix to stereo, 100ms buffer.
  • I/O: Default
  • System default
  • Advanced load liblv2.sprx only, rest at default.
  • Emulator: Default.