Super Robot Taisen OG Saga - Masou Kishin III - Pride of Justice [BLJS10223]
Started by onelight

14 posts in this topic
ArtheLad

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Jul 2021
07-18-2021, 02:08 AM -
Hi All,

Attaching the rpcs3 log file for the error.

So the game froze when we using any character ultimate attack (which with a animation), while other normal attack is fine.

Tried some of the internet workaround, seems doesn't work
- cleaning cache
- LLV become false
- resolution to be normal 100%

Hope this help to resolve this thread.

Thank you

Attached Files
.rar   RPCS3 log.rar (Size: 142.96 KB / Downloads: 3)
cimmy210

6 posts 1 threads Joined: May 2021
08-15-2021, 02:12 AM -
Game : [BLJS10223] Super Robot Taisen OG Saga - Masou Kishin III Pride of Justice

At the 11th stage, after defeating all foes, the game freezes.

After defeating the last enemy, a series of cutscene will be shown, and then the game freezes.

The error message in RPCS3 log is :
F VM: Access violation reading location 0x1c (unmapped memory) [type=u32]

This problem persists for quite a long time, after many updates of the emulator, the problem is still not fixed.

(07-18-2021, 02:08 AM)ArtheLad Wrote: Hi All,

Attaching the rpcs3 log file for the error.

So the game froze when we using any character ultimate attack (which with a animation), while other normal attack is fine.

Tried some of the internet workaround, seems doesn't work
- cleaning cache
- LLV become false
- resolution to be normal 100%

Hope this help to resolve this thread.

Thank you

I also tried all these workarounds and confirmed that they do not work, the problem persists.

Not only this game, [BLJS10285][Super Robot Wars OG: Saga Masou Kishin F - Coffin of the End] has the same problem too, using any character's ultimate attack causes the game to freeze.

Sometimes when the game automatically plays an animation of ultimate attack during cutscene, freeze of the game becomes inevitable.
This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 02:56 AM by cimmy210.
Kain

3 posts 1 threads Joined: May 2021
09-12-2021, 04:17 PM -
(05-09-2021, 01:29 AM)Kain Wrote:
(07-28-2017, 03:50 PM)Ani Wrote:
(07-28-2017, 12:38 PM)davidlong Wrote: hi, i have tried to play this game, it's really good but when i use ultimate skills, the game hangs with errors

"Mem: Access violation reading location 0x1bc"

Please help !!!

https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/wiki/How-...or-Support

---

Someone has to test this game more thoroughly though, initial testing doesn't seem to suffice

The problem still exists.
But I want to say is last year I somehow solved the problem by changing the libraries setting. (can load the cut scene but extremely slow, but I can say still working)
But when I want to play it again today, RPCS3 updated so much and the setting disappeared and I can't make it again.
To explain why ultimate move will have a problem but normal move did not, because ultimate move is actually playing of animation scene, but normal move seems like movement of real time 3D models.
Actually for Masou Kishin 2 which is on PSP, similar problem exists in ultimate move when playing with emulator.
And I tried to enable "libsail.sprx", the game did not crash at the beginning of battle scene, but after dialogue of character, the attack scene did not loaded.
(Normal flow of battle scene: dialogue of character>attack scene)

Do it make any hint to solve it? Confused
Definitely have a solution by changing libraries setting as I did success before.

Reply to myself.
Just turn on libvdec.sprx in Advanced>Firmware Libraries will solve the problem.
Normal voice, but the animation plays very slow, trying to solve this too.

Found that the ultimate move movies are actually video files with extension .pam
But they just be played in slow speed when I play the game.
Perfectly smooth when I play them on a video player software.
Anyone can solve the problem?
This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 01:20 PM by Kain.
cimmy210

6 posts 1 threads Joined: May 2021
10-09-2021, 08:01 AM -
(09-12-2021, 04:17 PM)Kain Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 01:29 AM)Kain Wrote:
(07-28-2017, 03:50 PM)Ani Wrote:
(07-28-2017, 12:38 PM)davidlong Wrote: hi, i have tried to play this game, it's really good but when i use ultimate skills, the game hangs with errors

"Mem: Access violation reading location 0x1bc"

Please help !!!

https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/wiki/How-...or-Support

---

Someone has to test this game more thoroughly though, initial testing doesn't seem to suffice

The problem still exists.
But I want to say is last year I somehow solved the problem by changing the libraries setting. (can load the cut scene but extremely slow, but I can say still working)
But when I want to play it again today, RPCS3 updated so much and the setting disappeared and I can't make it again.
To explain why ultimate move will have a problem but normal move did not, because ultimate move is actually playing of animation scene, but normal move seems like movement of real time 3D models.
Actually for Masou Kishin 2 which is on PSP, similar problem exists in ultimate move when playing with emulator.
And I tried to enable "libsail.sprx", the game did not crash at the beginning of battle scene, but after dialogue of character, the attack scene did not loaded.
(Normal flow of battle scene: dialogue of character>attack scene)

Do it make any hint to solve it? Confused
Definitely have a solution by changing libraries setting as I did success before.

Reply to myself.
Just turn on libvdec.sprx in Advanced>Firmware Libraries will solve the problem.
Normal voice, but the animation plays very slow, trying to solve this too.

Found that the ultimate move movies are actually video files with extension .pam
But they just be played in slow speed when I play the game.
Perfectly smooth when I play them on a video player software.
Anyone can solve the problem?

Thank you, it works !

The animation is a bit slow but at least I can continue the game now.

Thank you so much.

The same problem of [BLJS10285][Super Robot Wars OG: Saga Masou Kishin F - Coffin of the End] is also solved. The animation is slow though.

Looks like this is what happening :

There are two sets of Firmware Libraries - HLE ( High Level Emulated ) & LLE ( Low Level Emulated ).

The emulator uses HLE Libraries by default, but it crashes the game when trying to play a video file with the HLE version of video library.

Therefore we need to switch to the LLE version of video library. It is slow, but it does not crash the game at least.
This post was last modified: 10-09-2021, 09:04 PM by cimmy210.
Starlight Knight

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Nov 2023
11-11-2023, 07:56 AM -
(スーパーロボット大戦OGサーガ 魔装機神Ⅲ PRIDE OF JUSTICE)
Game series also known as Masoukishin or Lord of the Elemental.

RPCS3 version is 0.0.29- 15723-8cdebfe Alpha|master.

Game is technically playable, but has a specific issue relating to how the game handles animations: without libvdec.sprx firmware library loaded, the game will crash when certain attacks are used, as the game uses FMVs that it then renders on top of for certain attacks. At the moment, even on a fairly grunty machine, those stutter madly, causing significant audio desync due to the audio being manually timed to match the FMV rather than procedurally-timed or part of the FMV (so that the FMV can be used with multiple kinds of dialogue). Other contemporary games made by this studio that presumably run on the same engine (e.g. OGs2, Z3.1 and Z3.2) have no problems running on RPCS3 at all, including FMVs, and do not require specific firmware libraries enabled to play.
Previously there was also an issue I reported that caused the game to infinitely hang when trying to load certain dialogue lines, but I've never been able to get it to happen consistently, and it seems like it no longer occurs on current versions of RPCS3 (I can't find the old thread though).

Screenshots attached are for a different issue: RPCS3 seems to refuse to want to render certain semi-transparent effects, even when they're called multiple times, and continues to use the async placeholders. For example, you can see between screenshots 2 and 3 that the async placeholder has been removed, but the placeholder block in screenshot 5 always occurs in conjunction with this animation. (Screenshot 4 demonstrates that transparency is generally functional.)

Since this is a pretty rare game I'm happy to do any testing on my end that needs doing, but I'd need instruction in doing so in a way that provides actually useful data.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.7z   mskiiilog.7z (Size: 441.75 KB / Downloads: 0)