How much longer???
Started by LumbeeChief

11 posts in this topic
LumbeeChief
Unregistered

09-11-2016, 02:27 AM -
How much longer till every hardware feature of the PS3 is emulated properly? How much longer till we see more games booting? I mean common, goddamn look at how many games are only loadable.
Loadable = 223
Intro = 313
Half Playable = 157
Playable = 18

The amount of games that are only loadable is ridiculous.
I really love my PS3! I love the amazing game library! But I ain't touched the system to play a game in forever. I'm really holding off on selling my games and system because I hope one day but not forever that i'll be able to play them again and boot them on RPCS3 from my blu-ray drive. But the progress is taking forever, i'm tearing my hair out waiting Sad. I'd love to play Ni No Kuni, 3D Dot Game Hero's, Eternal Sonata, Demon Souls at a resolution higher then ugly 720p.

RPCS3 really needs the level of support that Dolphin Emulator gets. Dolphin Emulator is 99% perfect in my opinion, I wish alot of the people working on Dolphin will seriously help out on RPCS3 development. I feel like RPCS3 will probably meet the same fate as Xeon and Cxbx xbox emulators. I really really don't want that to happen. Shame on Sony for making the PS3 so fucking hard to emulate.

Please RPCS3 developers I really think it will be more wise to seek help from other emulator developers.
Keksus
Unregistered

09-11-2016, 04:38 AM -
Something between a week and 10 years. Comparing Dolphin with rpcs3 is also a bit like comparing apples and oranges.
ssshadow
Administrator

2,494 posts 63 threads Joined: Aug 2017
09-11-2016, 08:40 AM -
(09-11-2016, 02:27 AM)LumbeeChief Wrote: i'm tearing my hair out waiting

I'm afraid you are going to be bald soon.

Seriously, I cannot express how difficult it must be to make a PS3 emulator. Its like writing an entire operating system... blindfolded.
Nezarn
Unregistered

09-11-2016, 08:54 AM -
If you can't wait, just PLAY ON YOUR PS3.
LumbeeChief
Unregistered

09-14-2016, 07:23 AM -
(09-11-2016, 08:54 AM)Nezarn Wrote: If you can't wait, just PLAY ON YOUR PS3.

No, I can't bare playing in 720p!

Seriously RPCS3 needs more support! Make a patreon, kickstarter or something!

At this rate the emulator probably won't be fully playable till 2030 or something, well if it ain't dead by then.
Proctor
Unregistered

09-16-2016, 03:05 AM -
(09-14-2016, 07:23 AM)LumbeeChief Wrote:
(09-11-2016, 08:54 AM)Nezarn Wrote: If you can't wait, just PLAY ON YOUR PS3.

No, I can't bare playing in 720p!

Seriously RPCS3 needs more support! Make a patreon, kickstarter or something!

At this rate the emulator probably won't be fully playable till 2030 or something, well if it ain't dead by then.

Then you're just going to have to wait until 2030. Learn the language RPCS3 is being developed in and then the development process yourself if you really want to do anything helpful.

Also Dolphin has an insane amount of problems itself. It's nowhere near 99%.
Nezarn
Unregistered

09-16-2016, 07:56 AM -
And also Dolphin has tons of more devs than rpcs3 Big Grin (btw rpcs3 is written in c++)
Rain_Kikyou
Unregistered

09-20-2016, 11:02 AM -
Happiness is always inadvertently
ichimitch

2 posts 1 threads Joined: May 2018
05-21-2018, 06:59 PM -
Wow... If it's so easy to emulate hardware perhaps you should help out with the coding. It'll be done in no time with your help, right?
youbill36

29 posts 6 threads Joined: Feb 2018
05-25-2018, 01:18 PM -
(09-11-2016, 02:27 AM)LumbeeChief Wrote: How much longer till every hardware feature of the PS3 is emulated properly? How much  longer till we see more games booting? I mean common, goddamn look at how many games are only loadable.
Loadable = 223
Intro = 313
Half Playable = 157
Playable = 18

The amount of games that are only loadable is ridiculous.
I really love my PS3! I love the amazing game library! But I ain't touched the system to play a game in forever. I'm really holding off on selling my games and system because I hope one day but not forever that i'll be able to play them again and boot them on RPCS3 from my blu-ray drive. But the progress is taking forever, i'm tearing my hair out waiting Sad. I'd love to play Ni No Kuni, 3D Dot Game Hero's, Eternal Sonata, Demon Souls at a resolution higher then ugly 720p.

RPCS3 really needs the level of support that Dolphin Emulator gets. Dolphin Emulator is 99% perfect in my opinion, I wish alot of the people working on Dolphin will seriously help out on RPCS3 development. I feel like RPCS3 will probably meet the same fate as Xeon and Cxbx xbox emulators. I really really don't want that to happen. Shame on Sony for making the PS3 so fucking hard to emulate.

Please RPCS3 developers I really think it will be more wise to seek help from other emulator developers.

The truth is that at this rate who is interested in playing the exclusives of this console is better to catch a ps3 and flasearla as is my case because right now the few EXCLUSIVE games that work always have some problem or hang, the rest They are multi p for that and the pc.