Dashboard emulation (Whatever It's called ;) )
Started by xXBeefyDjXx

2 posts in this topic
xXBeefyDjXx
Unregistered

03-19-2016, 06:46 PM -
Hey again guys.

I have just been wondering while playing with lle, Why hasn't an option been implemented where we can install a firmware?

It'd make life easier, but I understand being so early in actually emulating it probably would not run even 80%...
tambre
Unregistered

03-19-2016, 06:52 PM -
Simply no. That isn't going to happen without a drastic shift in RPCS3's approach to emulation.
Implementing possibility for booting the XMB would mean reversing the hardware registers and emulating those alongside with rendering context switching and IPC (Inter-Process Communication).
If you want such emulation, you're probably in for a long wait, until Nucleus progresses further.
xXBeefyDjXx
Unregistered

03-19-2016, 06:59 PM -
(03-19-2016, 06:52 PM)tambre Wrote: Simply no. That isn't going to happen without a drastic shift in RPCS3's approach to emulation.
Implementing possibility for booting the XMB would mean reversing the hardware registers and emulating those alongside with rendering context switching and IPC (Inter-Process Communication).
If you want such emulation, you're probably in for a long wait, until Nucleus progresses further.

As I thought then, Basically.

It is not a major feature So I didn't expect it, Game emulation is one thing, But XMB is another.

I also crossed wires because I noticed of course that some games call for trophy/User/dash info multiple times throughout, and sometimes rely on the xmb in chunks.

Thanks anyway guys, and hopefully we reach that stage! Big Grin