How does RPCS3 run on a Macbook Pro M3?
Started by drewdavis

1 posts in this topic
drewdavis

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Aug 2024
08-28-2024, 02:41 AM -
I own a PS3 with many games and find it amazing to be able to run them on a laptop. Hats off to RPCS3 devs for their fantastic work !
Got an M3 Pro (18G of RAM) and had a first install of RPCS3 a few days ago (now on build 0.0.30-16135). I am sticking with default settings for the moment and turned on Write Color Buffers and VSync (I use either my laptop's screen or an LG Ultragear monitor).
I have tried a few games (checking compatibility, recommended patches and config):
- Dark Souls 2: seems to run fine but from time to time a background grid appears that might be related to the shaders.
- Borderlands 2: seems to run fine but some colored squares appear that might also be related to the shaders.
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2: seems to run fine.
For these games, an attempt to Create Savestate freezes the game and it seems that no save-state is created (had a save-state from a previous build and due to lack of experience not sure if Create Savestate should overwrite the existing one or create a new one).
Would appreciate any feedback, recommended settings and how to solve the above problems and improve my experience. Thanks !
MarcoP

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Apr 2024
09-12-2024, 11:53 AM -
(08-28-2024, 02:41 AM)drewdavis Wrote: I own a PS3 with many games and find it amazing to be able to run them on a laptop. Hats off to RPCS3 devs for their fantastic work !
Got an M3 Pro (18G of RAM) and had a first install of RPCS3 a few days ago (now on build 0.0.30-16135). I am sticking with default settings for the moment and turned on Write Color Buffers and VSync (I use either my laptop's screen or an LG Ultragear monitor).
I have tried a few games (checking compatibility, recommended patches and config):
- Dark Souls 2: seems to run fine but from time to time a background grid appears that might be related to the shaders.
- Borderlands 2: seems to run fine but some colored squares appear that might also be related to the shaders.
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2: seems to run fine.
For these games, an attempt to Create Savestate freezes the game and it seems that no save-state is created (had a save-state from a previous build and due to lack of experience not sure if Create Savestate should overwrite the existing one or create a new one).
Would appreciate any feedback, recommended settings and how to solve the above problems and improve my experience. Thanks !

Make sure to right-click on your game, then "check compatibility" for a general information about the status of game emulation. If you click, on that page, on the game name, you'll be redirected to a deeper info about the best settings for that specific game.