Gran Turismo 5 will not boot. (SOLVED)
Started by B0G4RT

3 posts in this topic
B0G4RT

6 posts 2 threads Joined: Sep 2022
06-28-2024, 05:50 AM -
Hello everyone, I have been working on this for two days now with no luck.

I have followed many tutorials to defeat the (game has likely crashed) screen with no resolution. 

I will provide my crash log in the hopes that it will offer some insight.
This error happens on NFS Shift 2, Motor Storm and GT5 so i think it may just be a me issue.
I performed a search on the forums before posting this so I don't make the cardinal forum sin.
I am using the settings recommended in the WIKI
For transparency this is a Game will Not Boot error under the symptoms of Your game has likely crashed.
Thank you for any help I may receive.

Update,
on launching it again I was prompted to update the software (RPCS3) so I did.
I attempted to launch the game again and this is my log from that.
This post was last modified: 07-05-2024, 11:13 AM by B0G4RT.

Attached Files
.gz   Gran Turismo 5 [BCUS98114].log.gz (Size: 536.96 KB / Downloads: 0)
.gz   Gran Turismo 5 [BCUS98114].log.gz (Size: 536.54 KB / Downloads: 1)
B0G4RT

06-29-2024, 09:52 AM -
Tried

RPCS3 > Configuration > System > Clear Cache Automatically.

Right click on game > Create LLVM Cache > Reboot with Default Configuration

Did not work

Installed version 0.0.28 of RPCS3 after reading that older versions sometimes work for specific games
disabled (accurate DFMA) in the config to try and alleviate the (unmapped memory) bug
attempted to boot GT5 1.00
Same error code 

F {PPU[0x1000010] Thread (ksF3) [0x00ca5214]} VM: Access violation reading location 0xc (unmapped memory)

After taking a look at the compatibility list @https://rpcs3.net/compatibility?c=g&p=3
I noticed that the only full game listed was the GT5 prologue
so I gave that a shot..........

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST READ THE COMPATABILITY LIST AND DONT BE A DUMBASS LIKE ME!
This post was last modified: 06-29-2024, 10:50 AM by B0G4RT.

Attached Files
.gz   Gran Turismo 5 [BCUS98114].log.gz (Size: 186.38 KB / Downloads: 3)
B0G4RT

07-03-2024, 03:12 AM -
Lets talk about my further experiments with this problem I had.

I have since gotten the original Gran Turismo 5 game to run with some crashes and slow downs on the most up to date version of RPCS3 as of today. 3 July 2024
I started by downloading the version for Windows 7 of RPCS3
I then discovered my Gran turismo 5 Prologue copy worked without intervention
I still wanted to play the original Game or the XL version (2.01)
on a recommendation from my workmate that also deals with emulators regularly, I checked that I was using both the US version of the BIOS and the US version of the game.
My version was originally denoted as WW (World Wide)  but I dug a bit deeper and realized that pervious "discs" that I had dumped were from various geographical locations JP, AU, EU
once I made sure to have both set to US versions my "unmapped memory" problem was solved.

I have no clue if that can contribute to unmapped memory but that is what fixed my issue.

I also followed the RPCS3 Wiki recommended settings for Grand turismo 5 
https://wiki.rpcs3.net/index.php?title=Gran_Turismo_5

I hope this helps anyone else who has these issues.
Cole Macwrath

4 posts 0 threads Joined: Apr 2024
07-08-2024, 06:20 PM -
(07-03-2024, 03:12 AM)B0G4RT Wrote: Lets talk about my further experiments with this problem I had.

I have since gotten the original Gran Turismo 5 game to run with some crashes and slow downs on the most up to date version of RPCS3 as of today. 3 July 2024
I started by downloading the version for Windows 7 of RPCS3
I then discovered my Gran turismo 5 Prologue copy worked without intervention
I still wanted to play the original Game or the XL version (2.01)
on a recommendation from my workmate that also deals with emulators regularly, I checked that I was using both the US version of the BIOS and the US version of the game.
My version was originally denoted as WW (World Wide)  but I dug a bit deeper and realized that pervious "discs" that I had dumped were from various geographical locations JP, AU, EU
once I made sure to have both set to US versions my "unmapped memory" problem was solved.

I have no clue if that can contribute to unmapped memory but that is what fixed my issue.

I also followed the RPCS3 Wiki recommended settings for Grand turismo 5 
https://wiki.rpcs3.net/index.php?title=Gran_Turismo_5

I hope this helps anyone else who has these issues.

I have encountered the same issue when I tried to update the GT5, the base version runs fine but it I tried updating the game it presented issues, I've tried asking around what the proper procedure for updating games is but I've not had any luck. I got the updates from 2 different sources so I don't believe it's a faulty update (also used it on my actual PS3 with no issues).  I believe version 2.11 is the best version of GT5 as it allows for the most car hacking. I haven't had any luck getting that version to run on the emulator. 

If I find more info about what's going on I'll be sure to post it.