Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition freezes/crashes when using Vulkan renderer
Started by slimyfrog123

1 posts in this topic
slimyfrog123

2 posts 1 threads Joined: May 2024
Exclamation  05-24-2024, 02:05 AM -
I have been playing Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition in RPCS3 lately, and I noticed that whenever I use the Vulkan renderer, the game will freeze up after a few minutes. It doesn't matter whether I am playing actively, focused, unfocused, etc. It will completely lock up and then the screen will change to a snapshot of earlier in the play session. I have let it sit for a while, but nothing changes. When I go to stop the game, the RPCS3 window will lock up as well, forcing me to end it in task manager.

This is the error that appears in the console (and log) when the freeze occurs:
·F 0:09:44.943465 {RSX [0x0081b70]} SIG: Thread terminated due to fatal error: Assertion Failed! Vulkan API call failed with unrecoverable error: Device lost (Driver crashed with unspecified error or stopped responding and recovered) (VK_ERROR_DEVICE_LOST)
(in file D:\a\1\s\rpcs3\Emu\RSX\VK\vkutils\sync.cpp:610[:5], in function enum VkResult __cdecl vk::wait_for_event(class vk::event *,unsigned __int64)) (error=0x7e)
(in file D:\a\1\s\rpcs3\Emu\RSX\VK\vkutils\shared.cpp:110[:24], in function void __cdecl vk::die_with_error(enum VkResult,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >,struct std:Confusedource_location)) (error=0x7e)
·W 0:09:44.945637 {RSX [0x0081b70]} SYS: Emulation has been frozen! You can either use debugger tools to inspect current emulation state or terminate it.

When I use the OpenGL renderer, this issue is not present, and I can play for hours without an issue. (I know that makes sense since this is a Vulkan-related issue, but Vulkan runs much, much smoother and I would like to be able to use it instead.)

I have made sure that my instance of RPCS3 is up to date. I updated it both yesterday and today when the pop-ups appeared. I also updated my graphics drivers both yesterday and today, but that has not made a difference.

Nothing abnormal appears to happen before the freeze; everything is fine until it isn't.

My GPU is not terrible, I have a GeForce GTX 980 Ti.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.7z   RPCS3.log.7z (Size: 499.47 KB / Downloads: 1)
slimyfrog123

2 posts 1 threads Joined: May 2024
05-26-2024, 09:32 PM -
I updated my BIOS, and it seems like that was the issue for one reason or another. Things seem to run fine now.

Edit: *Never mind,* I just tried it again for a little while and it locked up again.
This post was last modified: 05-29-2024, 04:46 AM by slimyfrog123. Edit Reason: Update