What's the point of the ps3 interface if it can't launch games or connect to network?
Started by Dominantxx

1 posts in this topic
Dominantxx

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Apr 2024
04-21-2024, 08:18 PM -
I loaded up 2 games into the app and I played them and they worked great. I then started up the interface and set it up, but the games show up as "Corrupt Data", even though the games launch just fine outside of the interface.

And I can't connect to the network. I tried configuring the internet connection from the RPCS3 app, but I couldn't do much. I changed Network status to connected and I tried typing in the DNS myself, and I enabled UPNP, but I can't do anything else and this hasn't helped. So what's the point of this interface if I can't start games from it and if I can't take advantage of the network features?

I read up on the FAQ a little bit and it said that there are some games that work with multiplayer, no note of which ones, and no note of how to configure it.
Ani
Administrator

4,357 posts 105 threads Joined: Aug 2017
04-23-2024, 01:10 AM -
The point is accurate emulation and having it working in the first place. It was one of the biggest endeavours in terms of feature development since it required implementing a lot of low level code that is only used by vsh. Just the fact that it works at all without all the workarounds previously required is a true showcase of emulation accuracy.

For users, there's nothing you can do with it besides looking at it, exploring the menus and using the Web browser.

For games to work on vsh, it will require RPCS3 to have multi-process support, which will require a rewrite of several core parts of the emulator, and is not likely to happen anytime soon.

For Netplay, there's a RPCS3 wiki page about it.
    Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X,   Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G DDR4 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
     Laptop: Ryzen 9 5900HX,  Radeon RX 6700M,   2x8G DDR4 3200MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: AMD FX-8350,     Radeon R9 280X,    2x4G DDR3 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux