RPCS3 Forums
RPCS3 crash at compiling cache on Demon's Souls - Printable Version

+- RPCS3 Forums (https://forums.rpcs3.net)
+-- Forum: Support & Issues (https://forums.rpcs3.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Support (https://forums.rpcs3.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: RPCS3 crash at compiling cache on Demon's Souls (/showthread.php?tid=203246)

RPCS3 crash at compiling cache on Demon's Souls - [email protected] - 07-16-2021

Hi
i am a laptop user
my laptop is Asus TUF Gaming A17 2020 - Model F706IU
its a ryzen system
specs:

Rpcs3 Version:v0.0.17-12476
CPU: Ryzen 9 4900h with radeon graphic
GPU:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti with 6GB of Dedicated ram
Ram:16 GB
GPU Driver:471.11-notebook-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql
OS is on a dedicated 256 WD SSD and the Rpcs3 Folder is in a Hard-disk

at fist as you may have guessed i encountered an Optimus Hurdle with Rpcs3
i had to temporary disable radeon graphics from Device Manager and enable it again just to have rpcs3 detect my 1660ti
that problem is now solved but now i have encountered something that i cant figure out really...

i have this issue that i cant run demon's souls disk edition.
i installed its pkg and rap file using Rpcs3's built in pkg installer so now its in Rpcs3 folder structure.

first of all i have to say i only have demon's soul on rpcs3 and haven't test any other game but something tells me that even if i had test any other game, the result would be the same.
i haven't changed rpcs3's default settings much save for settings that are stated in the wiki for compatibility with demon's Souls
when i boot the damn thing it starts to compile ppu cache then ppu linking starts but somewhere between ppu linking and spu compiling, the whole thing stops working.
i have checked it many time,ppu compiling is ok but i think the problem reside with spu compiling.i even check with monitoring tools and its clear that at this stage rpcs3 doesn't do a thing anymore.
if i open rpcs3 again and run the game again the ppu and linking is ok but it hang at the last resource to recompile for spu llvm

notice that i have tested many things and deleted Rpcs3 logs many time just to give you guys a clean file of what actually is happening in the last run

im really sorry for the long description of my problem but i thought that was needed to clarify the situation a little bit
Thanks in advance everyone!

.gz   RPCS3.log.gz (Size: 141.24 KB / Downloads: 2)

RE: RPCS3 crash at compiling cache on Demon's Souls - [email protected] - 07-18-2021

for sake of clarity i downloaded the latest release and did the whole processes fresh to have a better log
i also wanted to point out that i have tries all 3 scheduler3 and all of them have the same result
i get stopped in processing spu stuff...
i don't know what else i should do

.gz   RPCS3.log.gz (Size: 583.28 KB / Downloads: 1)

RE: RPCS3 crash at compiling cache on Demon's Souls - yurinator557 - 07-18-2021

(07-18-2021, 06:26 AM)[email protected] Wrote: for sake of clarity i downloaded the latest release and did the whole processes fresh to have a better log
i also wanted to point out that i have tries all 3 scheduler3 and all of them have the same result

The PSN version of Demon's Souls is listed as Intro due to this problem. You need to check the wiki page for this game to find out how to convert this from a PSN copy to a disc copy.

RE: RPCS3 crash at compiling cache on Demon's Souls - [email protected] - 07-18-2021

(07-18-2021, 12:22 PM)yurinator557 Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 06:26 AM)[email protected] Wrote: for sake of clarity i downloaded the latest release and did the whole processes fresh to have a better log

The PSN version of Demon's Souls is listed as Intro due to this problem. You need to check the wiki page for this game to find out how to convert this from a PSN copy to a disc copy.

Thanks a lot!
Problem solved
now i can bath in nostalgia!