RPCS3 Forums
Demon's Souls black screen after warping in tutorial - Printable Version

+- RPCS3 Forums (https://forums.rpcs3.net)
+-- Forum: Support & Issues (https://forums.rpcs3.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Support (https://forums.rpcs3.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Demon's Souls black screen after warping in tutorial (/showthread.php?tid=199055)

Demon's Souls black screen after warping in tutorial - Rmmdunn99 - 07-12-2018

Hoping someone can help me because I'd really like to play Demons Souls. 

The game seems to start up just fine, let's me create my character, watch the intro, and play the beginning of the tutorial section. However once I try to warp to the next section I see the loading screen and then when it finishes loading I get a black screen, however the hud overlay is visible. I can hear the game, hear when I swing my weapon, see my stamina bar deplete etc but everything aside from the hud is black. 

I've tried messing with various GPU settings but it's not working for me. 

Anyone seen this or know of a solution?

My computer is pretty decent so I can't imagine it's the issue. 
CPU: Intel I7-7700k
RAM: 16GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080 TI

Running off of a Samsung 970 SSD

Thank you and best regards.

RE: Demon's Souls black screen after warping in tutorial - Parthorisian - 07-21-2018

(07-12-2018, 03:02 PM)Rmmdunn99 Wrote: once I try to warp to the next section I see the loading screen and then when it finishes loading I get a black screen, however the hud overlay is visible.
[Image: gQSEAkZ.png]
Option <Write Color Buffers> still can be useful for Demon Souls. It can fix black screen issue(after teleportation, dying) at least Smile

RE: Demon's Souls black screen after warping in tutorial - Monark - 07-21-2018

I notice that, in latest builds, the black screen issue is something related to "Write Color Buffers" in Adicional Settings. If you disable it, the first part of the tutorial is playable, but after warping to second part, it becomes unplayable, you cannot able and disable that option while in game, you need to refresh the game to make it work. Hope they fix that soon, BUT you can use old builds that the game runs perfectly... I used build "rpcs3-v0.0.5-6697-753d8170_win64", and completed the game without any issues... Hope I helped... Tongue

RE: Demon's Souls black screen after warping in tutorial - Parthorisian - 07-22-2018

(07-21-2018, 11:30 PM)Monark Wrote: the black screen issue is something related to "Write Color Buffers" in Adicional Settings. If you disable it, the first part of the tutorial is playable, but after warping to second part, it becomes unplayable.
There is no difference between build6697 and 6692 for playing. Because Anileo pr+different debug PRs by Maxetto or isJuhn is pointless for common player. PR4514 also doesnt affect this game.
But after warping to Boletaria, it becomes unplayable even for bld6692. Terrible audio stuttering+15-20fps for some areas+a lot of unrendered objects+bugged 3-1boss etc... So using PS3 is still much better. Or waiting for beta stages of development, at least