RPCS3 Forums
Yakuza: Dead Souls [BLUS30826] - Printable Version

+- RPCS3 Forums (https://forums.rpcs3.net)
+-- Forum: PS3 Commercial Games (https://forums.rpcs3.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ingame (https://forums.rpcs3.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Yakuza: Dead Souls [BLUS30826] (/showthread.php?tid=197482)

Yakuza: Dead Souls [BLUS30826] - GrantKane - 11-16-2017

RPCS3 v0.0.4-6090-223f17ac Alpha | HEAD
Ingame with graphic bugs.
[Image: Krnm1Qy.png]
[Image: GOBjgbw.png]

RE: Yakuza: Dead Souls [BLUS30826] - MasterTurkey - 04-04-2018

RPCS3 v0.0.5-6597-70cc2e366 Alpha | HEAD
Intel® Core™ i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz | 12 Threads | 15.96 GiB 

Less than 1 fps.

RE: Yakuza: Dead Souls [BLUS30826] - Asinine - 04-05-2018

Yeah, known regression with 0, 5, Ishin and dead souls it's been reported.

RE: Yakuza: Dead Souls [BLUS30826] - MsDarkLow - 04-14-2019

rpcs3-v0.0.6-7968-38cc92ec_win64

i7-8700k | GTX 1070

Ingame update status.
I have played through the whole main story and can safely say it is completable at the cost of major performance issues.
Note: Game speed is based on FPS. The target FPS is 30.

Currently the remaining issues are Performance, Upscaling and crashes if not tweaked.
  • Performance is really poor on my i7-8700k, ranging an average of around 20fps, easily dipping below down to 10fps. Sure there are 30fps areas but they won't last long. (It is also a chaos on a real ps3);
  • Upscaling 1, this is actually not much of a big deal but they are there. The edges around the screen have some weird textures, especially on top. The left edge sometimes has the whole part of it black, idk how to explain;
  • Upscaling 2, If we just upscale normaly, the game will actually start to look more blurry, to fix this issue, enable Force CPU blit emulation;
  • Crashing, there are random crashes but they can be fixed if we change the Logging priorities and enable Accurate GETTLAR.
In the game's config.yml at the last line I applied the following:

Quote:Log: {sys_semaphore: Fatal, sys_fs: Fatal, sys_vm: Fatal, sys_memory: Fatal, RSX: Fatal, sys_lwmutex: Fatal, sys_spu: Fatal, sys_event: Fatal, sys_rsx: Fatal}

The first two pictures are upscaled to 1440p without CPU Blit.
The other two are w/ CPU Blit upscaled to 2520p (350%).

Can be safely played with SPU LLVM w/ Mega.
It is recommended to set the Framelimit to Auto.

"UselessDeadSoulsLOG", includes all the modified stuff I mentioned.
The other log is without any debug options and the removal of logging.

RE: Yakuza: Dead Souls [BLUS30826] - Vahellis - 09-30-2020

RPCS3 v0.0.12-10959-046923d9 Alpha

r5 2600 ! rx 580

Playable

I was able to play through the whole main story without any crashes or significant glitches or bugs. That's about 12 hours of playtime. Performance is decent and hovers around 25~30 fps in most areas but can drop down to 20 fps in worst case scenarios. I don't think it ever dropped below 20 fps for me. When the framerate drops the game slows down but nothing too severe, performance is definitely better and a lot smoother than on the actual PS3 which easily drops below 20 fps. In some cutscenes you get some small visual glitches with strange lights on the characters, not sure how to explain this but I included a screenshot of the glitch, but these are rare and nothing too serious.

I followed and tweaked the settings listed by MsDarkLow in the post above, here's what I used:

SPU block size: Safe
Renderer: Vulkan
Framelimit: Auto
I enabled VSync because there was a lot of tearing
Relaxed ZCULL Sync in the advanced tab
Force CPU Blit emulation and Accurate GETLLAR in the debug tab

I also applied the changes to the log in the config.yml as mentioned above: Log: {sys_semaphore: Fatal, sys_fs: Fatal, sys_vm: Fatal, sys_memory: Fatal, RSX: Fatal, sys_lwmutex: Fatal, sys_spu: Fatal, sys_event: Fatal, sys_rsx: Fatal}

edit: I forgot to mention that I also used the patch that disables MLAA

RE: Yakuza: Dead Souls [BLUS30826] - TheBrainninja - 04-17-2021

RPCS3 Version: 0.0.15-12110-896db380

Ryzen 5800X, GTX 1070

Seems stable, very similar to Vahellis' experience above, I only played for maybe 30 minutes before I started trying to break the framerate.

I ran it using the suggested settings in the Wiki (I assume thanks to MsDarkLow, thank you for your service), and it runs fine at 30fps; my Gsync monitor couldn't figure out what framerate it was really at, so I turned on Vsync to fix the tearing.

SPU block size: Mega
Resolution scale threshold: 512 x 512
Vsync: On
Force CPU blit emulation: On
Accurate GETLLAR: On
200% Resolution scaling, MLAA disable patch.

Setting vBlank to 120 forces in-engine cutscenes to render properly at 60fps, but doubles in-game speed. I tried tweaking the Clocks Scale, seemed to have no effect. Also tried editing ye olde Demon's Souls FPS Unlock patch to change the timing calculation, but I wasn't surprised that it did nothing.

RE: Yakuza: Dead Souls [BLUS30826] - ssshadow - 05-17-2021

RPCS3 v0.0.16-12268-52780e65

Ryzen 7 3700X
RTX 3080

Completed the entire game from start to finish in about 17 hours with only three random crashes and otherwise some very minor and occasional graphics glitches. Performance is great, probably 30 fps 99% of the time, occasional dips down towards 25 fps or so, at the very worst a momentary 20 fps (better than real hardware for sure).

Settings as noted on wiki https://wiki.rpcs3.net/index.php?title=Yakuza:_Dead_Souls
SPU block size: Mega
Resolution scale threshold: 512 x 512
Vsync: On
Force CPU blit emulation: On
Accurate GETLLAR: On <-- very important
300% Resolution scaling
MLAA disable patch

Moving to playable.

.gz   RPCS3.log.gz (Size: 269.21 KB / Downloads: 60)

RE: Yakuza: Dead Souls [BLUS30826] - MsDarkLow - 08-30-2022

I'd like to request to move this back to Ingame as there has been several reports in Discord over the past months about the game crashing frequently.
This game was never crash-free when it came to RPCS3 but older builds (as mentioned in the the other replies) did tend to be more stable than nowadays.

RE: Yakuza: Dead Souls [BLUS30826] - Ani - 08-31-2022

Moved back because it's more unstable nowadays. Feel free to provide further testing on this title to move it back to Playable again when it's more stable.