RPCS3 Forums
[Anime] Kakegurui (Compulsive Gambler) - Printable Version

+- RPCS3 Forums (https://forums.rpcs3.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.rpcs3.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forums.rpcs3.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: [Anime] Kakegurui (Compulsive Gambler) (/showthread.php?tid=196674)

Pages: 1 2

[Anime] Kakegurui (Compulsive Gambler) - Ani - 08-20-2017

I'll start discussion on Off-Topic.

Anyone watching Kakegurui? Because horii sheet!

RE: [Anime] Kakegurui (Compulsive Gambler) - KoDa - 08-21-2017

I've been keeping up with it. I gotta say, I can't tell what the purpose of the MC is. Is he telling the story from his perspective about someone else? I mean in every episode he barely speaks and whenever he does he acts like an incomprihensible idiot. Why bother including this dude as the MC when the entire anime is focused on Yumeko instead? Even the MyAnimeList page has the supposed MC listed as the third main, behind Yumeko and the student council president.

RE: [Anime] Kakegurui (Compulsive Gambler) - Ani - 08-21-2017

I don't think the guy is the MC. I don't understand what his purpose is too. For me, the MC is Yumeko. And the only character right in the head is Mary.

RE: [Anime] Kakegurui (Compulsive Gambler) - Timbo - 08-21-2017

Just another anime to add to my ever-growing MAL list lol. Will definitely check it out sometime soon though, probably after it's done airing because I like to binge these things Tongue

RE: [Anime] Kakegurui (Compulsive Gambler) - KoDa - 08-21-2017

I think he is the MC since he has been around semi regularly and this appears to be entirely seen from his perspective. However, It's possible that they are just using him as a plot device in certain instances such as in the 6th episode which I won't talk about as to not spoil it.

Timbo you should watch it. It's not the greatest thing out there by any means, but it is rather enjoyable to watch and wrap your head around the quirky circumstances.

RE: [Anime] Kakegurui (Compulsive Gambler) - Timbo - 08-22-2017

(08-21-2017, 04:09 PM)KoDa Wrote: Timbo you should watch it. It's not the greatest thing out there by any means, but it is rather enjoyable to watch and wrap your head around the quirky circumstances.

With my fall semester starting up, I'll have plenty of time in between classes to watch stuff, so I'll definitely give Kakegurui a look! I love me some psychological anime.

RE: [Anime] Kakegurui (Compulsive Gambler) - Ani - 09-02-2017

Tomorrow comes another episode. Idol time haha

RE: [Anime] Kakegurui (Compulsive Gambler) - KoDa - 09-04-2017

I just finished watching it and all I have to say is that this episode seemed a bit like a cop out. Everything turns out fine for the idol? Hell no. I understand that there are some fans that are that obsessive and others who only care about the music, but surely there would be at least SOME kind of backlash.

Psyched for the next episode though, looks like it'll be thrilling.

RE: [Anime] Kakegurui (Compulsive Gambler) - Ani - 09-04-2017

That depicts how hopeless the people in her fanclub are. They choose to ignore and hold on to it because they have nothing else they can hold on to.

RE: [Anime] Kakegurui (Compulsive Gambler) - KoDa - 09-05-2017

I suppose it came as a shock to me that they'd be like that, considering that everyone I have experienced in my life has never been similar to them. The closest comparison I can even think of is someone who was obsessed with Justin Bieber, and she cut herself for him - yet she wasn't even as bad as these guys.