RPCS3 Forums
Tales of Graces F [BLUS30903] - Printable Version

+- RPCS3 Forums (https://forums.rpcs3.net)
+-- Forum: PS3 Commercial Games (https://forums.rpcs3.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Playable (https://forums.rpcs3.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Tales of Graces F [BLUS30903] (/showthread.php?tid=187713)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Tales of Graces F [BLUS30903] - wishbon3 - 12-01-2017

(11-08-2017, 05:03 PM)nahucirujano Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 03:56 PM)marthgun Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 02:55 AM)nahucirujano Wrote: I just tested the game, and yeah, I experienced the same graphical and performance issues (game running too fast or too slow, black lines, etc).
So, it's not about the settings, these issues are things yet to be fixed, right?

the game is supposed to be played at 30 fps, so if you use the frame limiter and set it to 30 fps, then it should run virtually identically to ps3; although i've read that the skits may be played at 60 fps, so idk.  i think 60 fps is a good speed regardless, which you can adjust to as well.

the black lines were actually fixed in one of the newest commits, but later regressed, so i would imagine the problem gets sorted out soon enough.

the blurry skits is the real issue,  skits are prob 25% of the game time if you view them all, so it's a substantial chunk that's missing.

I read that it is supposed to be played at 30fps. I set the frame limiter to 30fps, but (at least for me) it runs a bit slow (and annoyingly slower in battle).
If I set it to 60fps, it runs just too fast.
But you're right, I felt more confortable playing 60fps (it's a little bit annoying when exploring a map, haha), but not that awkward in battle. The combos at 60fps are actually reallly fun xD
Yes, too bad about the skits, I hope we can see more progress in later months.

So, just tried latest build. The skits now display properly! 

Unfortunately, the fps issue is still there.

RE: Tales of Graces F [BLUS30903] - marthgun - 12-02-2017

https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/pull/3827

if you've been tracking progress on this game, the last few PR's made the transparency (black/grey) lines visible throughout the whole game, not just on the characters, with this latest PR it's been fixed, with the lines just showing on the characters. i would consider this actually playable now, where the whole content can be enjoyed with just some very slight graphical issue with the lines. a major success in my book!

RE: Tales of Graces F [BLUS30903] - marthgun - 12-04-2017

(12-01-2017, 07:41 PM)wishbon3 Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 05:03 PM)nahucirujano Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 03:56 PM)marthgun Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 02:55 AM)nahucirujano Wrote: I just tested the game, and yeah, I experienced the same graphical and performance issues (game running too fast or too slow, black lines, etc).
So, it's not about the settings, these issues are things yet to be fixed, right?

the game is supposed to be played at 30 fps, so if you use the frame limiter and set it to 30 fps, then it should run virtually identically to ps3; although i've read that the skits may be played at 60 fps, so idk.  i think 60 fps is a good speed regardless, which you can adjust to as well.

the black lines were actually fixed in one of the newest commits, but later regressed, so i would imagine the problem gets sorted out soon enough.

the blurry skits is the real issue,  skits are prob 25% of the game time if you view them all, so it's a substantial chunk that's missing.

I read that it is supposed to be played at 30fps. I set the frame limiter to 30fps, but (at least for me) it runs a bit slow (and annoyingly slower in battle).
If I set it to 60fps, it runs just too fast.
But you're right, I felt more confortable playing 60fps (it's a little bit annoying when exploring a map, haha), but not that awkward in battle. The combos at 60fps are actually reallly fun xD
Yes, too bad about the skits, I hope we can see more progress in later months.

So, just tried latest build. The skits now display properly! 

Unfortunately, the fps issue is still there.

So i finally got far enough into the game to see what you're talking about.

so the skits do in fact need 60 fps, otherwise it's all kinds of out of sync and slow.

the battles feel way too slow at 30 fps.  running on the overworld does feel fast, but its much more enjoyable than running it at 30 fps imo.  the only major problem are the in-game scenes, that are often dialogue heavy.  These are clearly meant to be ran at 30 fps, if you run them at 50 or 60 fps, the audio will start overlapping onto itself and you get simultaneous voice dialogs which turns into a garbled mess very quickly.

using Cheat Engine's speedhack, both for 2x or 0.5x depending on framerate, it works but it makes the audio unbearable.  Until whatever internal frame rate switch gets implemented into the emulator, it's probably going to have to be 50 or 60 fps for now.  maybe just play without audio as well.

RE: Tales of Graces F [BLUS30903] - i02mike - 12-24-2017

It works fine for me by setting the framerate to "auto"

[Image: NZaSkfC.jpg]

RE: Tales of Graces F [BLUS30903] - XtraT - 01-06-2018

In the last report it's stated that the overlapping outlines were fixed but it doesn't seem to work for me, no matter which options I use. Anyone else can confirm that the bug is fixed and if so, could you please your GPU options?

RE: Tales of Graces F [BLUS30903] - marthgun - 01-07-2018

(01-06-2018, 08:31 PM)XtraT Wrote: In the last report it's stated that the overlapping outlines were fixed but it doesn't seem to work for me, no matter which options I use. Anyone else can confirm that the bug is fixed and if so, could you please your GPU options?

idk why they put it into their blog, it was fixed on one single commit a long time ago, and was overwritten before i could download it. i can't even find the build version that the screenshots came from, probably not a windows build.

the automatic frame limit simply doesn't work for me, whether on OpenGL or Vulkan. I'd like to see io2mike's CPU options. it runs 60 fps all the time on automatic for me. which makes the in-game scenes (not pre-rendered) fire too fast so the audio begins overlapping. it also runs 60 fps on the overworld map and in battle, both are supposed to be 30 fps.

RE: Tales of Graces F [BLUS30903] - XtraT - 01-07-2018

Thanks for confirming my experience, I was scratching my head trying to figure out what the progress report was trying to say. The report mentions this build (https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rpcs3/rpcs3/build/0.0.4-7150/artifacts) as the one which fixes the outlines and auto FPS but I tried it and it doesn't do anything out of the ordinary from the few minutes I've played it.

RE: Tales of Graces F [BLUS30903] - marthgun - 01-09-2018

(01-07-2018, 06:11 AM)XtraT Wrote: Thanks for confirming my experience, I was scratching my head trying to figure out what the progress report was trying to say. The report mentions this build (https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rpcs3/rpcs3/build/0.0.4-7150/artifacts) as the one which fixes the outlines and auto FPS but I tried it and it doesn't do anything out of the ordinary from the few minutes I've played it.

There's a contributor/tester who runs a Ubuntu build iirc, he was the one who said it was fixed for him.  Idk where they got those screenshots, but i also tried the last 4 or 5 builds from Kd to make sure it didn't get reverted.  I also turned on the debug tab in the CurrentSettings.ini and force the blit, it doesn't help.  i've tried different ppu settings and various other settings.  Lines aren't that big of a deal to me, obviously they are annoying after awhile, but the framelimit makes it almost unplayable.  I may just be doing something wrong or it doesn't work on my rig.  

other people have said they don't have a problem with the Auto settings as well.  either they weren't paying much attention or something is wrong on my end.

edit: took me a while to find, but here is the only known instance, that I have seen, where the lines are gone: https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/pull/3699

I've been following just about every one of kd's commits.

RE: Tales of Graces F [BLUS30903] - i02mike - 01-21-2018

(01-07-2018, 05:28 AM)marthgun Wrote: I'd like to see io2mike's CPU options.

[Image: xYzAl5Q.jpg]

RE: Tales of Graces F [BLUS30903] - marthgun - 01-21-2018

for some reason I didn't try it with OpenGL when I made my initial post, playing with OpenGL does make a big difference, but I don't think that the Auto fps is actually working right or at all. in the in-game scenes it fluctuates between 20 and 50 fps, sometimes causing slight slow downs in the scenes, sometimes, albeit rarely, causing audio overlapping since the fps tends to stay around 35 fps or so, at least on the newest kd commit and my hardware setup. it's not clamping the FPS; i think this is a product of the slower rendering that OpenGL experiences with the game and not the Frame Limiter itself actually working.

The transparency lines are an even bigger problem in OpenGL unfortunately, but it is alot more playable on OpenGL since the slowdowns and speedups in the in-game cutscenes are rare.