DAYTONA USA [NPUB30493]
Started by AAKH1361

43 posts in this topic
digo

22 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2020
07-21-2021, 11:20 PM -
I did build myself a new PC. It's a Ryzen 7 5800x. After assembled, I proceed to test this game on the latest build (as of today). The game was all full of graphical glitches. After seeing that, I went ahead and tested with the same nvidia drivers I used on the past two tests that I did on this thread. Same results, everything is messed up. Not happy with that, I even went a step further and tested with clean installs of the same RPCS3 builds that I previously reported as working perfectly with this game (remember the video I posted on the first page?). And even so the game is full of graphical glitches no matter what.

My guess is that is somenthing related to the CPU instruction set. On my Sandy/Ivy Bridge it ran perfectly. On my new Ryzen 5000, it doesn't. Consider this a bug report maybe. I don't know how to properly report this, and I already proved that the game works on my old PC with a video as a proof. So it's up to the devs to fix it I think.
digitaldude
RPCS3 Tester

3,031 posts 559 threads Joined: Aug 2017
07-24-2021, 08:18 AM -
(07-21-2021, 11:20 PM)digo Wrote: I did build myself a new PC. It's a Ryzen 7 5800x. After assembled, I proceed to test this game on the latest build (as of today). The game was all full of graphical glitches. After seeing that, I went ahead and tested with the same nvidia drivers I used on the past two tests that I did on this thread. Same results, everything is messed up. Not happy with that, I even went a step further and tested with clean installs of the same RPCS3 builds that I previously reported as working perfectly with this game (remember the video I posted on the first page?). And even so the game is full of graphical glitches no matter what.

My guess is that is somenthing related to the CPU instruction set. On my Sandy/Ivy Bridge it ran perfectly. On my new Ryzen 5000, it doesn't. Consider this a bug report maybe. I don't know how to properly report this, and I already proved that the game works on my old PC with a video as a proof. So it's up to the devs to fix it I think.

Graphics only work with ppu fast. The devs know the issue.
digo

07-24-2021, 09:04 AM -
(07-24-2021, 08:18 AM)digitaldude Wrote:
(07-21-2021, 11:20 PM)digo Wrote: I did build myself a new PC. It's a Ryzen 7 5800x. After assembled, I proceed to test this game on the latest build (as of today). The game was all full of graphical glitches. After seeing that, I went ahead and tested with the same nvidia drivers I used on the past two tests that I did on this thread. Same results, everything is messed up. Not happy with that, I even went a step further and tested with clean installs of the same RPCS3 builds that I previously reported as working perfectly with this game (remember the video I posted on the first page?). And even so the game is full of graphical glitches no matter what.

The weird thing about this is that on my old Ivy Bridge CPU, it works perfectly with both LLVM Recompilers, as I already stated in my previous posts, I even posted a video showing that it works. No need for PPU Fast. It's only on my new Ryzen CPU that it makes necessary.
Mock

34 posts 0 threads Joined: Jan 2021
07-27-2021, 11:18 PM -
Could this issue be related to RPCS3 making use of AVX Instructions on Core I9, and then make the issue with LLVM. i have a Core I9 7900X CPU

(07-24-2021, 09:04 AM)digo Wrote:

The weird thing about this is that on my old Ivy Bridge CPU, it works perfectly with both LLVM Recompilers, as I already stated in my previous posts, I even posted a video showing that it works. No need for PPU Fast. It's only on my new Ryzen CPU that it makes necessary.

How does it load at you RPCS where it don't have glitches with LLVM, when i load it on my Core I9 it shows this, if the CPU don't have AVX it might be that it compiles different

S PPU: LLVM: Loaded module v4-kusa-aajJJdSW0Cc7gmfUEiA7xu-00000G-skylake-avx512.obj
This post was last modified: 07-27-2021, 11:22 PM by Mock.
digo

07-29-2021, 01:22 AM -
As I've already said before, the issue might be related to the CPU instruction set, hence why it works on some CPU's but not on others.
Which instruction set? That's up for the devs to look it up 'cos I have no idea. I only provided proof that it works on Sandy/Ivy Bridge CPUs though.
I would record a video for my new Ryzen, but I see no point in doing so.
Mock

07-31-2021, 09:54 PM -
(07-29-2021, 01:22 AM)digo Wrote: As I've already said before, the issue might be related to the CPU instruction set, hence why it works on some CPU's but not on others.
Which instruction set? That's up for the devs to look it up 'cos I have no idea. I only provided proof that it works on Sandy/Ivy Bridge CPUs though.
I would record a video for my new Ryzen, but I see no point in doing so.

Could see from here, different instructions are being used, depending on the type of CPU, so it looks like fixes might not apply on all CPUs and is why we see some get it working and others don't

https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/blob/4e12...slator.cpp

I did try in the custom config different CPU types, and had it load Generic and just skylake without AVX. but it didn't make any difference.

I also tried all possible settings in the yml file to see if i could bruteforce another result. but no matter what i end up with the texture corruptions
This post was last modified: 07-31-2021, 11:03 PM by Mock. Edit Reason: add more details
Mock

08-13-2021, 07:38 PM -

Buy if you have a Ryzen 7 i don't think it a CPU issue, intel af amd use very different instructions sets. and from the config you can define what cpu it should optimize at. I am totally out of ideas why it can work for some and not others. i have a core i7 with X79 Chipset and a Nvidia 1060, maybe i will get time for testing it out with that config
digo

08-24-2021, 09:59 AM -
I might be wrong though, but I don't think you can spoof your cpu instruction set that easily.
This post was last modified: 08-24-2021, 09:59 AM by digo.
Mock

08-24-2021, 01:07 PM -
(08-24-2021, 09:59 AM)digo Wrote: I might be wrong though, but I don't think you can spoof your cpu instruction set that easily.

It just looks like, RPCS3 use different cores compared to which cpu instruction you have. at least from the loading it shows a different compiler.
digo

09-04-2021, 08:26 PM -
(08-24-2021, 01:07 PM)Mock Wrote:
(08-24-2021, 09:59 AM)digo Wrote: I might be wrong though, but I don't think you can spoof your cpu instruction set that easily.

It just looks like, RPCS3 use different cores compared to which cpu instruction you have. at least from the loading it shows a different compiler.

That's not how it works, otherwise it would worked for you, but it didn't.

I finally assembled my old Sandy Bridge CPU, a Core i5 2500K just for the purpose of showing that it works on Sandy Bridge CPUs with LLVM PPU enabled, but it does not works on Ryzen 5000 CPU (and probably some other CPU's).

This time I'm posting two short videos, one showing that it works, and one showing that it doesn't.
Also I'm uploading the logs as attachment at the bottom of this post (first time doing this, so don't know if I can).

There is something wrong with the way RPCS3 uses some CPU's with LLVM PPU enabled, and I have no clue how to solve it because I'm not a coder. I hope this post and the logs and the videos help the RPCS3 coders to solve the issue.

The video showing that IT WORKS with LLVM PPU ENABLED if you use a Sandy Bridge CPU

Specs for the Sandy Bridge video:

RPCS3 v0.0.18-12707-fe0c164d Alpha
(emulator settings in the video, mostly default settings)
PS3 firmware v4.88
*Core i5 2500K @4.5GHz*
*16GB RAM DDR3 1333Mhz*
*AMD RADEON RX550 2GB with driver 21.6.1*
*Windows 10 Pro*

The video showing that IT DOES NOT WORKS with LLVM PPU ENABLED if you use a Ryzen CPU and probably other CPU's as well

Specs for the Ryzen 5000 video:

RPCS3 v0.0.18-12707-fe0c164d Alpha
(emulator settings in the video, mostly default settings)
PS3 firmware v4.88
AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
32GB DDR4 RAM 3733MHz
AMD RADEON RX550 2GB with driver 21.6.1
Windows 10 Pro

logs (hopefully) attached below (sandy bridge first, Ryzen 5000 is log2. had to rename it, otherwise it wouldn't let me attach both files, so just rename log2 to log and open it)

If someone can redirect this post to the devs, that will be pretty helpful (I hope).
This post was last modified: 09-04-2021, 08:28 PM by digo. Edit Reason: forgot the GPU on the specs

Attached Files
.gz   RPCS3.log.gz (Size: 100.63 KB / Downloads: 0)
.gz   RPCS3.log2.gz (Size: 101.72 KB / Downloads: 0)